Fossil Bone Fragment ID

buffs5

I wanted to see if anyone could tell me what animal this bone may have come from.  Probably a shot in the dark for a bone fragment but I thought I'd try anyways.

I found this on the shore of a reservoir in Westminster, Colorado which is a suburb of Denver.  I've also found petrified wood in the same area.

Let me know if any other info would be helpful for an id.

Thanks.

20201012_155738.jpg

20201012_155745.jpg

20201012_155752.jpg

20201012_155816.jpg

20201012_155835.jpg

20201012_160055.jpg

20201012_160120.jpg

20201012_160259.jpg

20201012_160314.jpg

20201012_160334.jpg

20201012_160352.jpg

It's bone for sure, hard to be more specific than that. Dinosaurs and large mammal have been found in the area, but it's difficult to deduce an identity beyond a fragment of bone. 

• I found this Informative 1

Yeah, bone... most likely dinosaur.. I don't think there are too many large mammals found in the area of Westminster.  the Tertiary beds in the immediate area are Paleocene... not many large mammals in the Paleocene. 

As the others have said its not possible to get a genus or species for this bone fragment but its still a cool find. Also welcome to the forum from the other side of Denver in aurora

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

Thanks for all the replies!  Pretty cool to think the bone might be from a dinosaur.  If I get time I may try to take it to the museum.

Thanks again!