PrehistoricWonders

Hi,

I acquired this tooth a couple days ago and was wondering if anyone could confirm that it is fully authentic, I don’t really have reason to believe it’s faked, or restored, the root just looks odd... I’m thinking it’s just odd preservation, because 1. I’ve never seen a restored bear canine that’s not museum quality, and 2. I’d think it would be completely restored too museum or near museum quality. @Harry Pristis @Shellseeker @Bone Daddy@PODIGGER. TIA, I appreciate all thoughts!

4D1F88D5-ED42-4065-BFB3-6D0514B2F9A9.jpeg  612CED48-19CC-48D1-BEE9-C3F720EE4F13.jpeg

It is a nice bear tooth. I have not done sufficient research or seen enough of them to differentiate between Tremarctos floridanus and Ursus Americanus.

I know that the best of the Fossil/Artifact restorers perform magic. You can not tell the differences and neither can I. It would be easy for a restorer to repair the break at the root and add a tip.

I do not see anything that would imply a restoration.

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

3 hours ago, Shellseeker said:

It is a nice bear tooth. I have not done sufficient research or seen enough of them to differentiate between Tremarctos floridanus and Ursus Americanus.

I know that the best of the Fossil/Artifact restorers perform magic. You can not tell the differences and neither can I. It would be easy for a restorer to repair the break at the root and add a tip.

I do not see anything that would imply a restoration.

Thank you for the input... that’s what I was thinking, too... just wanted to get some more confirmation.