Finding More Cretaceous Fossils

Rockin' Ric

Hello again! My hunting buddies and I were invited down to the Southern part of our state on Wednesday to hunt Cretaceous fossils with some Pliocene overlap on private property. The site was on a creek with a beautiful setting on a sunny, gorgeous day! The creek didn't disappoint although most of the shark teeth found were broken, but the bone and Native American pottery shard finds made up for it. My finds of the day were the Enchodus teeth and mandibles. We were onsite for several hours and didn't want to overstay our welcome so we packed our things up and visited with the property owner and then on our way. We were in an area where other creeks needed checked out so headed out to do that. As we are driving down one the roadways out in the middle of nowhere we spy an exposure of sand and chalk, stopped to investigate. To our surprise two bleached Squalicorax teeth were found and I stumbled upon the biggest Enchodus tooth ever!  It was two inches long! To top that off, several feet away a Mosasaur tooth was found by one of my hunting buddies! What a great, productive day. The creeksite is worth visiting again in the future because of its potential. 

Pic#1- the creek site

Pic#2- broken teeth- Squalicorax and Scapanorynchus, Ammonite piece and worm tube

Pic#3- Mosasaur tooth, fish vertebrate and Enchodus pieces of Enchodus mandibles as well as an ancient horse tooth

Pic#4- Native American pottery shards 

Pic#5- Assorted piece of bone

IMG_20201023_085618.jpg

IMG_20201023_085652.jpg

IMG_20201023_085724.jpg

IMG_20201023_085810.jpg

IMG_20201023_085748.jpg

• I found this Informative 10

WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW MEMBERS!

If history repeats itself, I'm SO getting a dinosaur. ~unknown

www.rockinric81.wixsite.com/fossils