Pterodactyl and Caudipteryx

Crazyhen

Just these photos aren't nearly enough to judge properly. But I will say that some of the bones look kinda lumpy and I don't trust these. I think they are likely fake or at least enhanced.

• I found this Informative 3

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Photos are not adequate to properly evaluate.   These type of specimens require hand examination to determine their authenticity otherwise its just a guess.

• I found this Informative 3

On 10/25/2020 at 3:40 AM, Crazyhen said:

From Liaoning if China, Pterodactyl and Caudipteryx, do they look genuine?  

211B8C47-A9AE-436F-B3AA-C20561A54874.jpeg  BD12CF1A-08D9-4479-88B6-153D5031A244.jpeg

I would be a little suspicious of this like most skeletons from the area especially since you said Pterodactyl yet the genus pterodactyls is only know from Germany and France.

• I found this Informative 1

There is definitely enhancement work here. That isn’t a bad thing for a display piece, but I too am suspect of anything available online from that area.

In particular the phalanges that go under the neck but over the opposite wing are suspect.

• I found this Informative 2

On 10/25/2020 at 12:39 PM, Crazyhen said:

The teeth look very big relatively, are they that big in genuine specimens?

Pterodactyls don't but this is not that genus those are found in Europe like dinosaur man indicated.  The teeth in some Liaoning toothed pterosaurs can be large relative to the skull, see attached image.   Again one cannot look at photos to positively determine the authenticity of these specimens.  It requires hand examination under a loop or scope to be certain what has been done.  Unfortunately there are too many excellent fake bird and dinosaur plates from that region not to take extraordinary measures to validate specimens 

image_233.jpg.ff67b65b65201845207e56495dd0ed93.jpg

• I found this Informative 4