Found together in same area- Id?

Becky Benfer

Looking for ideas as to what these once were? They were found among others in the same area. Thoughts? Thanks in advance for your help.

C937BB91-927C-4527-B17B-48045AA1D5D1.jpeg

Agreed. Not seeing fossils here. 
You also neglected to say where these were found, which is critical information in determining an identification.

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Hello Becky,

what is the common feature of these that caught your eye? Is it the holes?

Please describe what makes you think these where something else once.

To me they appear like the kind of rocks I would expect at a rivers side or cobble beach, but if they are uncommon for your region and you found them close together, maybe they have been used as ballast at some time.

Best Regards

Try to learn something about everything and everything about something

Thomas Henry Huxley

The last group of pictures show sedimentary rocks in my opinion and they would benefit by being broken to look inside. Use safety precautions of course such as glasses etc. Being glacial (I assume) they have been transported from their original location which is why we see such a mixture of rock types. 

Mahnmut- I did find them in a river! How did you know that? The reason I felt they might had been something else once was because of 1) the holes in them (thinking they could had been bone at one time??) 2) their shapes/color/and texture (they are just so different from each other)- some are jet black, others are sandstone colored as I'd expect to find in a river, and others are multi colored (which I've been told can be from mineralization), 3) the other one is pitted like it might have been lepidodendron marks or small fossil prints ? 4) quite honestly I look and look at pictures on the internet and see so many teeth, bones, and plant fossils and think mine are very similar but they NEVER ARE....ugh!!!!!  I know the glacier transporting thing probably played a huge role in my area but yet I keep finding a mixture of things and can't figure out why they are so different from other rocks around the same area.  I feel like they really part of a plant (maybe the root?) because there is one small area where I keep finding similar types of the same odd looking material. I did take one of them to a group in my area, to be looked at, and they felt it was from a plant. I'll post it's picture below. So, I'm just going to keep looking and hoping to find something. I wish I was more knowledgeable on this subject. I do appreciate all of your help!