spinosaurus reconstruction

jnoun11

thanks mbl13 and biobob

your right, i want so much find the humerus, i see humerus everywhere :heartylaugh:.

20210603_204921.jpg

20210603_205017.jpg

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. Terry Pratchett ...

Glad to help.

The images are very useful,thanks.

I'm currently looking for Spinosaurus humeri; there're a few potential candidates,but it's very tentative as of now.

Also,looking into more detail,I've seen a pair of deep holes on the proximal section,is the bone partially hollow,or is just taphonomic?

Edited by MBL13

1 hour ago, MBL13 said:

Glad to help.

The images are very useful,thanks.

I'm currently looking for Spinosaurus humeri; there're a few potential candidates,but it's very tentative as of now.

Also,looking into more detail,I've seen a pair of deep holes on the proximal section,is the bone partially hollow,or is just taphonomic?

1333 grs ,not so heavy, it s hollow on distals articulations, but that can be the result of infections, more than taphonomic. the ulna is in very good conditions not crushed.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. Terry Pratchett ...

Hello Jnoun nice fossil, did you see any indication of feather insertion on this ulna ? It will be quite surprising on an aquatic dinosaur but never know.

15 minutes ago, Le Ouistiti said:

an aquatic dinosaur

:zzzzscratchchin: What is it ?

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

11 minutes ago, Le Ouistiti said:

Hello Jnoun nice fossil, did you see any indication of feather insertion on this ulna ? It will be quite surprising on an aquatic dinosaur but never know.

hi ouistiti

its quite surprising, but your right, is some holes drawing a line along the ulna. but i dont know if it s feather quill knobs or just some vascularisation .

Inked20210604_085154_LI.jpg

I don't see the usual "knobs" that have been reported,for exemple,in Velociraptor.

Here's a figure from Turner,Makovicky and Norell (2007). The pits are not related with feathers,but are also present in Velociraptor. Also,this structures have not been reported unambiguously in basal tetanurans.

1714645881_F1.large(1).thumb.jpg.993f774adc4829796c983e03c5b0af6f.jpg

1) Turner, Alan & Makovicky, Peter & Norell, Mark. (2007). Feather Quill Knobs in the Dinosaur Velociraptor. Science (New York, N.Y.). 317. 1721. 10.1126/science.1145076. 

this ulna come from Aferdou N’Chaft. its lenght is 40 cm , a little too big for my reconstruction, because the estimate lenght of the FSAC-KK 11888  humeri is 51 cm that mean the ulna must mesured 31 cm more and less.

i will 3D scanned this ulna, and reducing the proportion to 31 cm., and print it.

i keep seeking one 3D file or one cast of spinosaurus humerus...

so that mean, the ulna i have belong to a bigger spinosaurus... the estimated size of the  FSAC-KK 11888 specimen, from the bones i have here will be more and less 12 meters...if i keep the proportions of the ulna,the specimen FSAC-KK 11889  must be around 21 % bigger, so :15 meters...

45 minutes ago, Le Ouistiti said:

Aferdou N’Chaft is the locality where the persons of Begaa diggs right ?

yes

hi

i seek  apophysis of cervical C8 or C9, did somebody have STL file of them ?

• 1 month later...

hi guys

after asking everywhere for a cast of the front limbs, i will try to sculpted it , whats your opinion? the humerus will be 51 cm lenght, i have two models shape options, one is the baryonyx humeri and in other hand the suchomimus tenerensis more slender. i will soon beginn the first mounting and send you some pictures. its a very long process .

1920px-Suchomimus_arm_Museum_of_Anchient_Life.jpg

spinosaurus_humerus.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

some pictures of the evolution of work here , lot of time involved and still not finished.

20210709_114853.jpg

20210709_114625.jpg

20210709_114603.jpg

20210709_114507.jpg

20210709_114547.jpg

• Enjoyed 5

Great looking job. Always nice to see a giant project coming drawing to a sucessful close

Those are some really cool photos. Thanks for sharing!

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

That is awesome! What are you planning to do with the Skeleton once it's complete? 

You need a bigger house lol ! 

What's the source for the radius of those images?

I'm trying to find one for a skeletal reconstruction I'm doing.

Edited by MBL13

the source of the radius is sculpted, i stop asking , i must finishing this reconstruction because ,lot of other dinosaurs skeletons are on line. so i will sculpted the missing bones from the front limbs, and update the skeleton in future when i will find more real information, its enough complete for the moment to be the most advanced version of spinosaurus.

That's a shame,wanted to have that bone...

Also,I'm interested in what type of vertebrae you used for the posterior cervicals/anterior dorsals.

On 7/11/2021 at 1:25 PM, jnoun11 said:

the source of the radius is sculpted, i stop asking , i must finishing this reconstruction because ,lot of other dinosaurs skeletons are on line. so i will sculpted the missing bones from the front limbs, and update the skeleton in future when i will find more real information, its enough complete for the moment to be the most advanced version of spinosaurus.

Following this topic, would love to see it in its complete form ! 

• 3 weeks later...

hi guy s

i have a little problem, the estimate body length of FSAC KK 11888 is 11.38m, but now i have finished the vertebral spine and i got 4.30m from the basioccipital of the skull to the end of pelvics  and 5.00m for the tail vertebrae, so if the skull is 1.12m the size of my reconstruction will be 10.42 m , i miss 0.96 cm , what do you think about ? more bigger skull or perhaps the calculation include some centimeters free between each vertebrae...

224380144_10222211816777814_4602063318731075313_n.jpg

Well, for one, that's the old tail that's no longer accurate. I think the old tail had a different length too.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

There should be some space between each vertebra.

Also,take into account you're measuring,at least in the diagram above,the skeleton articulated,not just every bone independently.If the scale of the image is correct,the 10.42 m value is consistent.Finally,the tail should be updated based on Ibrahim et al,2020a.

Perhaps the vertebrae in your reconstruction have slightly different proportions or it may be a combination of all.