JessStec

Hi, my name is Jess, I am from a city in Massachusetts where we are lucky enough to have commercial fishermen go out and bring back some of the best seafood. I dated a fishermen for a bit and I could of cared less about money, I always wanted the sand dollars and sea glass and for such a horrible relationship I was at least able to make it out alive with what we thought to be possibly a saber tooth tigers? I appreciate any feedback.

Thank you ! Jessie

IMG_20201028_055020845.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

For some reason it won't let me load  bunch of pictures they are all under 3.95 mb but still giving my trouble ..one out of every 20 actually go through but any other views and I'll get them for ya

Hi. The limit is 3.95mb, meaning that you can only load 3.95mb of data. For example, l you can load three pictures of 1.11mb or one picture of 3.95mb or seven pictures of 564kb:dinothumb:

Try clearing your internet browser cache if you get any upload errors. 

Looks more like a horn to me. 

We do need to see the broken end looking at it straight on. 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

6 minutes ago, GallinaPinta said:

What animal does it belong to tho?

Possibly bison.  Just a guess. 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

dhiggi that what Im thinking. Location is key. That and it looks Walrus tusk as well. 

Many times I've wondered how much there is to know.  
led zeppelin

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png IPFOTM.png IPFOTM2.png IPFOTM3.png IPFOTM4.png IPFOTM5.png

10 minutes ago, mikeymig said:

Location is key.

Likely glacially transported from a there that is no longer here. 

I think the shape is key. I don't think this has the shape of a walrus tusk. Tusks have a rounder cross section and are less curved.

4 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

Tusks have a rounder cross section and are less curved.

It had the look of mammoth tusks that I’ve seen from the North Sea, but wrong size and shape, that’s why I thought walrus. A google image search does show walrus tusk, modern and fossil to sometimes share a similar cross section and curve. Just throwing my thoughts out there...

Iĺl join the toothcamp.

Try to learn something about everything and everything about something

Thomas Henry Huxley

A professor from Harvard had said there was a good possibility of a  saber tooth because it was land in new england prior... This was found the bottom of the ocean honestly could be toward the cape could be water toward new york I'm not sure what boat he was fishing on when he pulled it up

I’m not a saber tooth expert but 10.5 inches sounds big for a cat

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

This is clearly not a tooth.  However, it does exhibit many characteristics of a tusk.  Thanks for posting the extra photos.

• I found this Informative 3

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

37 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

This is clearly not a tooth.  However, it does exhibit many characteristics of a tusk.  Thanks for posting the extra photos.

Since when is a tusk not a tooth ?

4 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

Since when is a tusk not a tooth ?

Good point.  :D  It is clearly not a saber cat tooth.  ;) 

8 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

Whale ?

I think it has the look of fractured ivory.