Ichthyosaur Paddle

LiamL

Hey guys,

I just posted a video where i find the 3rd joining piece to a big partial ichthyosaur paddle that i've found afew months back. Also some other ammonites and other interesting bits along the way. 

Hopefully you enjoy.

• I found this Informative 16

Yorkshire Coast Fossil Hunter

Great trip, that large Hildy is spectacular, what are the odds that you could find the missing piece on a separate trip of the same paddle.

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

Just now, Top Trilo said:

Great trip, that large Hildy is spectacular, what are the odds that you could find the missing piece on a separate trip of the same paddle.

I found the 3 bits on 3 seperate hunts. Luckily i search the area fairly often but it's still super lucky considering the way the tide washes things far away and competition from other collectors ect.

• I found this Informative 1

I swear I’m going to spend my entire fossil excursion budget for 5 years just to spend a few days there as soon as I can leave this side of pond. Great finds, great vid!

41 minutes ago, RuMert said:

Such a rich shore you have there:Smiling: Very lucky find. Were they far from each other?

On the same stretch of beach but i found the 3 in the space of about a month.

36 minutes ago, LabRatKing said:

I swear I’m going to spend my entire fossil excursion budget for 5 years just to spend a few days there as soon as I can leave this side of pond. Great finds, great vid!

Try Dorset too :D

26 minutes ago, dhiggi said:

Was that you we passed at Saltwick this morning? No wonder we had such slim pickings!

I'd like to say i bagged up, but i didnt take home anything at all today. Totally empty bag. I just pick up the more interesting things.

2 minutes ago, LiamL said:

I'd like to say i bagged up, but i didnt take home anything at all today. Totally empty bag. I just pick up the more interesting things :thumbsu:

About 90% of a hildy was probably our best find today. Great work finding the paddle; my daughter is very jealous!

5 minutes ago, dhiggi said:

About 90% of a hildy was probably our best find today. Great work finding the paddle; my daughter is very jealous!

Better than I had today haha. Just the luck of the day! Was it you I said hi to while walking back?

4 minutes ago, LiamL said:

Better than I had today haha. Just the luck of the day! Was it you I said hi to while walking back?

Yeah, recognised you when I saw the video just now

I want to break open rocks and find beautiful Hildy fossils like that!!  Great video.  Thanks for posting!

11 hours ago, HemiHunter said:

I want to break open rocks and find beautiful Hildy fossils like that!!  Great video.  Thanks for posting!

Thanks it's so satisfying.

The odds are pretty slim i’d say of finding a perfect match but you did it anyway ! I hope to get there again sometime, the Yorkshire coast is stunning....