Dinosaur bone?

Crazyhen

I believe Jiangxi is known for it's late cretaceous dinosaurs so I would imagine that's what this is. Looks like a large vertebra, not sure beyond that. 

maybe @Troodon or @jpc  can add to that, but it may be difficult to determine as it's mostly just the centrum.

• I found this Informative 1

I agree, looks like a large vertebra centrum. Seems to be a dorsal or caudal vert. There seems to be some more preserved though, but it's hard to see from this side. I think it needs further prep to tell much more.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Very nice piece and wanted to add a two things I can't see a chevron facet which would lean my educated guess at dorsal rather than caudal, also the exposed section of the neural arch looks to have a honeycomb structure something seen commonly in theropods and sauropods. Also final word don't let who ever has it prep it I find with this type of fossil all too often they don't know how to prep it and end up butchering it. 

1 hour ago, Haravex said:

Very nice piece and wanted to add a two things I can't see a chevron facet which would lean my educated guess at dorsal rather than caudal...

While agree that there is no obvious chevron facet, there does seem to be a slight depression on one end of the ventral side. So my thinking was that, since the edge is damaged, there might have been an attachment point for chevrons there.

• I found this Informative 2

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

I don't know much about this deposit, but it looks dinosaurian from here.  Can't say about the chevron attachments as it looks like it could be worn out or broken in that area.  

39 minutes ago, Haravex said:

sauropod caudal, do you know the region?

Unfortunately nothing is known about the locality.  It is only known that this is from Madagascar.