Member of the Month - November 2020 - Huntonia

Kane

It's hard to believe, but here we are in November (which, by the way, is international novel writing month for any of you scribes and scribblers out there!). For those of us in the northern latitudes, the leaves are almost gone and snowy weather imminent... or already here for our friends out west in North America. For our US friends, something may be happening on Tuesday, whatever that is. Thoughts are already turning on the holidays and the closing out of a year that has been very challenging for many people worldwide. But fossils are patient, and they will wait for us.

So remember, remember, this month of November,

no gunpowder treason nor plot,

for it is time that we honour our glorious member

whose contributions shall not be forgot!

:yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1:       Huntonia      :yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1:

Newest to wear the crown is our good friend Isaac. He joined our motley crew about a year and a half ago, and has quickly established himself as a helpful, informative, supportive, and encouraging member. His recent dip into prep work is a delight to behold, and we can almost forgive him for having a screen name of a trilobite genus that has since been revised. Only a little, though. :P It is members such as Isaac that make this a welcoming place, and one that our members continue to return to day in and day out. 

Huntonia, wear this virtual and heavily bejewelled crown with pride. You set a fine example here!

Would you like to say a few words about your journey to fossils, and the Fossil Forum ? :) 

• I found this Informative 6

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Isaac, 

Thanks for your contributions to this Forum. 

Looking forward to more of your input here. :) 

Congratulations! Well deserved. 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

• Fossildude19 featured this topic

Hi,

Congrats Isaac.

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Congrats @Huntonia for this deserved honor.

15 hours ago, Kane said:

So remember, remember, this month of November,

no gunpowder treason nor plot,

for it is time that we honour our glorious member

whose contributions shall not be forgot!

Did you make this Kane, its a great little poem

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

3 minutes ago, Top Trilo said:

Did you make this Kane, its a great little poem

I based it on the classic 18th century poem about Guy Fawkes. :D It begins this way: 

Remember, remember, the Fifth of November
Gunpowder treason and plot
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot

• I found this Informative 1

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Congratulations @Huntonia!! :yay-smiley-1:

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

Thanks for all you add to make our fossil community better.  Congratulations, Isaac!

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Wow, what a surprise to wake up to! I'm very honored. As far as my journey with fossils and the Forum..

Years back I purchased a couple small ammonites as trinkets from a fossil store, these were my first fossils but didn't yet spark my passion.

I would say my real love of fossils began 2, maybe 3 years ago. I had fallen sick with a flu and as such was spending my days in bed, incredibly bored. Then I stumbled upon a video, specifically a blackriverfossils video. 

The video fascinated me, I found it wonderfully gripping, watching along, sharing in every excitement and disappointment. 

Those videos sparked my interest in fossils and I was amazed at what I could learn from them as well. In a few days I went from not knowing what an angustiden was, to being able to know if each tooth was a 'meg' or an 'angy' as he pulled it out of river.

From then on I've been hooked. I found the forum while doing some research, some keywords from my search brought me to old topics on the forum. I lurked for a while and decided to make an account to ID a trilobite (a Wenndorfia planus that's still in my collection to this day :), Thanks again Kane for the tips on that one!)

Well, I stuck around and have learned so much from the Forum, I can hardly imagine a better resource for it! I'd say my inaccurate screen name is a testament to the knowledge and experience I've gained in this last year and a half :P I'm glad you all can almost forgive me.

But most importantly, the Forum has proved to be not only a place of learning but a community with strong bonds, and I'm glad to feel a part of it! :fistbump:

Hope this isn't too long or rambly, to put it concisely: Thanks Guys!!

• I found this Informative 12

Congratulations.

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

6 hours ago, Huntonia said:

But most importantly, the Forum has proved to be not only a place of learning but a community with strong bonds, and I'm glad to feel a part of it! :fistbump:

Congratulations! :yay-smiley-1: We're glad you are part of our community as.well.

Don

• I found this Informative 2