The beauty of bryozoa

Ramona

I hope this is allowed in the Fossil ID portion of the forum.  I have learned so much here that I just want to "give back" for a moment.  I am a photographer by trade and I want to share a few photos that show the beauty of bryozoa - trepostome bryozoan fossils in this case (thanks to the help from folks on this forum!) These are not huge and monumental discoveries, but the more I study them, the more I am fascinated by them.  The more I learn, the more I NEED to learn.  These creatures are beautiful in form, color, and substance.  I have no questions in this post - just wanted to say THANKS in the way I know best - through my photographs!  These are macro photographs - up close and personal with a very large, bryozoan loaded rock from Pulaski, TN. I am not reducing the resolution as much this time, so this will take a few posts. 

Blessings!

Ramona

IMG_1274edit.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

This one didn't come out as clearly, but it is the edge of the rock - the moss covers up some of the fossils. 

IMG_1234edit.jpg

• I found this Informative 3

Great photography! Your camera skills and fossil collecting is such a felicitous merger!

Bryozoans are fascinating animals. I know I bump into them often and still have to resist the urge to bring them home when they are so fully defined in their branching brilliance!

Since you are not asking for an ID, I hope you don't mind that I have moved this topic to Member Collections. :) 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer