Misidentified Dino Mandible

Flx

Hi

I saw this on an auction site. The website claims it is "Dromaesaurus" which does not make sense in my opinion. I was wondering what it is instead? Also, since the teeth are quite different in terms of size and shape I am wondering if it is a composite.

Formation: Hell Creek

Length: 5.5 inch , 14cm

lf.jpg.e83c2a364e7cc7ce14f630a0a0165deb.jpg

5f9fb23c9f9d0_lf(1).jpg.343f4fdf686ae88d6faacc615ff9a08e.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

Its a very poor composite all of the teeth are placed and look like Nanotyrannus.  Teeth should be a bit irregular since they shed their teeth but are also sitting too low.

You can see how high and irregular the teeth fit on this Nanotyrannus jaw

IMG_2803.thumb.JPG.ba7c0181cd676f2319902648963b2421.JPG

• I found this Informative 6

To add the size of the interdental plates and alveoli in the jaw make me think it might be a Nanotyrannus jaw bone. But heavily restored since there is no definition on the outer side and lack the foramina and pitting you see in the above jaw.  The inside also looks heavily restored.

• I found this Informative 4

Thank you @Troodonfor the analysis.

When looking at the teeth of the nanotyrannus jaw I am wondering how far up the gums came on theropods. Were the roots partially exposed?

No the roots were not exposed but covered with gums and jaw tissue and probably came up the the cervix on the tooth.   We don't know for sure since nothing is preserved.  For example we still have a debate if they had lips or not.

• I found this Informative 4

Let me add that some of the teeth in that Nano jaw photo are sitting higher than they should and moved during fossilization but should not be below the jaw line

• I found this Informative 3

6 hours ago, Troodon said:

No the roots were not exposed but covered with gums and jaw tissue and probably came up the the cervix on the tooth.   We don't know for sure since nothing is preserved.  For example we still have a debate if they had lips or not.

As an aside, I pray they had lips, a large wattle and gular sac/dewlap.