World's Cutest Fossil Preparators

I_gotta_rock

I give you the World's Cutest Fossil Preparators! 

I found a lump of matrix with a sliver of clam shell exposed about two years ago in Buxton, NC. It's a chunk of the Pleistocene shelf on which the OBX are sitting. When I brought it home, all you could see of the shell was the yellow strip in the middle. It was the only fossil visible at the time. It sat on a shelf for two years, waiting in vain for me to scrape away the matrix. I finally decided to use it for mouse furniture a couple weeks ago. They decided that they really like the minerals in the matrix. They have been licking away the matrix but have been very good about not eating the shell -- or any of the other fossils that they have been exposing. I wish they could do this with dolomite!

5fa21eceb776a_mousepreparators.thumb.jpg.41853381437dc2c59e216c02b9ff5683.jpg

• I found this Informative 16

I refuse to give up my childish wonder at the world.

Oh no! This appears an unfortunate contradiction to the well known fact - snolly is the "World's Cutest Fossil Preparator."  

• I found this Informative 1

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

4 hours ago, snolly50 said:

Oh no! This appears an unfortunate contradiction to the well known fact - snolly is the "World's Cutest Fossil Preparator."  

At least you can still claim to be the world's cutest saxophonist (next to Timmy Cappello of course) :P

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

8 hours ago, snolly50 said:

:heartylaugh:

I refuse to give up my childish wonder at the world.

4 hours ago, Ludwigia said:

can still claim to be the world's cutest saxophonist

I don't know. It would be hard to beat out Zoot of Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem!

Zoot.JPG.jpg.c0105f86754b0bf900dce470bd1d5c18.jpg

• I found this Informative 2

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

14 hours ago, snolly50 said:

I thought I was the cutest... I'm contesting the results of this election!!!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. :default_rofl:

Hi,

:DOH:  

:default_rofl:

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2020 at 4:41 AM, snolly50 said:

I don't know. It would be hard to beat out Zoot of Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem!

Zoot.JPG.jpg.c0105f86754b0bf900dce470bd1d5c18.jpg

Don't know how good you are but I'd vote for Zoot ;)

58 minutes ago, Sjfriend said:

I'd vote for Zoot

A wisely cast ballot. Here is the real Zoot, whose name was given the Muppet. He is squeezin' a vintage Selmer horn and is imparting a wonderful quality of breathy sub-tones to the piece. 

1 hour ago, Randyw said:

Tidgy s got my vote!

Always knew you were a very discerning and wise individual. :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

@Tidgy's Dad what did you break?

image.thumb.png.e1b3883389915334a730fa8410612962.png

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

4 hours ago, Top Trilo said:

@Tidgy's Dad what did you break?

I don't recall

But I'm often gluing wifey to the sofa because she can't sit still otherwise, so that may have been it. :P

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png