Madagascar sauropod teeth x2 - same species?

FF7_Yuffie

Hello, I'm interested in getting one, maybe both of these. Sold as Borthriospondylus, but, unless I'm misaken, that's a name attached to fossils to sell them and a better labelling is Eusauropoda.

Anyway, unfortunately, there is no formation, I emailed seller and he doesn't know. But both teeth are from Madagascar,  164 million years old.

I was wondering, are they both from the same species? While they both look similar and have a similar shape around the base, tooth number 1 has a flatter top--does this mean they're from two different species, or does it just have more feeding wear than the others. Incidentally, tooth number 1 I found has been posted here before a couple of years ago--ID'd as Eusauropoda. 

Tooth 1 - 15mm.

Tooth 2 - 17 mm

Many thanks. 

tooth 1 2.jpg

tooth 1.jpg

tooth 2 again.jpg

tooth 2.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

They may be the same species with the top one worn a bit more.  Without a provenance its all guess work but they are most likely from the Isalo III formation.  A recent paper on the jurassic sauropods of Madagascar identify this morphology as a tenative taxon of  either Bothriospondylus madagascariensis or Lapparentosaurus madagascariensis which are Eusauropoda.    I doubt you will every get closer on isolated teeth because the similarity.

• I found this Informative 2

1 minute ago, Troodon said:

They may be the same species with the top one worn a bit more.  Without a provenance its all guess work but they are most likely from the Isalo III formation.  A recent paper on the jurassic sauropods of Madagascar identify this morphology as a tenative taxon of  either Bothriospondylus madagascariensis or Lapparentosaurus madagascariensis which are Eusauropoda.    I doubt you will every get closer on isolated teeth because the similarity.

Cheers

Thanks for the help. I'll make a purchase of just the least worn one I think and stick to the label Eusauropoda. 

Will be my first Madagascar tooth and my first non-Moroccan sauropod.