cool pattern

LSUWIL

Very cool but dont think its a fossil, Im curious as to what it is though

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

Are you sure it isn’t some sort of manmade resin casting?  Where did you find it? How heavy is it?

• Thank You 1

no its a rock its heavy , ifound it on a real old railroad track ,outside new orleans ,  no idea where they got gravel from could have been 100 years ago, i have hundreds of pieces of petrified wood i dont know if that could help id where some of the gravel came from 

Could be Orbicular or Ocean Jasper.

• Thank You 1

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

I'm stumped. My gut screams "Fordite", but I don't know.

I wonder what this looks like under UV.

• Thank You 1

Yes,

Ocean Jasper is what I thought also, there is even a trace of green (agate?) in your specimen. Most pieces you see for sale have more green and less brown, but it fits well.

Best regards,

J

• Thank You 1

Try to learn something about everything and everything about something

Thomas Henry Huxley