Waldron Shale Wanted

Ken K

Hey Folks,

I specialize in the Middle Silurian Waldron Shale formation.  However, I have many other North American Paleozoic invertebrates from many classic sites.  I would be happy to exchange this material for any good Waldron Shale fossils, prepared or unprepared.  I'm located in Ohio.  Drop me a line and let me know what you have and what taxa you may be interested in.  Look forward to hearing from you.

Note:  If you would like to exchange Waldron material you have for Waldron fossils I have...we can do that.  For instance, if you have unprepared Waldron fossils I can exchange prepared material from my collection for your unprepared fossils.  

• 3 weeks later...

I just went to the quarry in St Paul 2 weeks ago. I've begun prepping some of it but not much.

what might you have in exchange?

I'm in the Dayton area.

• 5 months later...

I have a bit of unprepared Waldron Shale I collected decades ago. I don't have prep equipment, so I might be interested in getting similar specimens that are prepared,,,,

• 7 months later...

Hi Ken,

I do have a prepped plate about 10x12 cm (commercially bought) with a gastropod that looks just like a modern landsnail and a porous thing that resembles a sponge on it.

At the moment it is in one of numerous boxes because we hope to move home in the coming months.

Does that sound as if it could be of any interest to you? Shipping overseas is of course expensive.

Best Regards,

J

Try to learn something about everything and everything about something

Thomas Henry Huxley