Jump to content

Show us your associated dentitions


will stevenson

Recommended Posts

will stevenson

Hi guys

i haven’t really seen a topic where people shared associated dentitions, if they have that would be cool to know:) this can be any sort of animal and any amount of association ( ie im not talking about a whole shark)!;) Here is my first contribution 

have fun!

DFE52ADF-F71C-47A7-8C05-814542A3460C.jpeg

3CBF1C9F-F83B-49BD-8824-88879DA8275D.jpeg

C83D48E7-7B77-4ADC-BAA7-407D86BB4A7A.jpeg

  • I found this Informative 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
will stevenson

Ok seeing as this hasn’t gained much traction how about we do any associated bit of an fossil you want:) e.g a Crinoidea column, is sure we would all love to see some jaws as well;)

  • I found this Informative 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, I'll play, here is an Eocene croc jaw with associated dentition.  From the Wasatch Fm of southwestern Wyoming.   (I think I have shown you folks this one before).P1090390b.jpg.6bf1bb48d1b9c6db61d27776230a1a3a.jpg

  • I found this Informative 16
Link to post
Share on other sites
will stevenson
1 hour ago, jpc said:

OK, I'll play, here is an Eocene croc jaw with associated dentition.  From the Wasatch Fm of southwestern Wyoming.   (I think I have shown you folks this one before).P1090390b.jpg.6bf1bb48d1b9c6db61d27776230a1a3a.jpg

wow! great one there, cant have too much of a good thing! ^_^

  • I found this Informative 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll contribite this. A notosuchian jaw and tooth from Kem Kem. Id'd on here as likely Araripesuchus.

Screenshot_20200720-131301_eBay.jpg

 

Screenshot_20200720-131238_eBay.jpg

  • I found this Informative 11
Link to post
Share on other sites
will stevenson
2 hours ago, FF7_Yuffie said:

I'll contribite this. A notosuchian jaw and tooth from Kem Kem. Id'd on here as likely Araripesuchus.

Screenshot_20200720-131301_eBay.jpg

 

Screenshot_20200720-131238_eBay.jpg

Very nice!:)

  • I found this Informative 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
gigantoraptor
6 hours ago, FF7_Yuffie said:

I'll contribite this. A notosuchian jaw and tooth from Kem Kem. Id'd on here as likely Araripesuchus.

 

Awesome jaw. If you have time, would you be able to take some pictures of more angles of the tooth? I'm not sure it's a Notosuchian.

  • I found this Informative 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, gigantoraptor said:

 

Awesome jaw. If you have time, would you be able to take some pictures of more angles of the tooth? I'm not sure it's a Notosuchian.

 

Thanks, its a fav fossil of mine. The fossil is in England (Im in Taiwan until covid is over) but I'll post the other pics I have. Including some xray ones seller sent me.

 

What's your thoights what it could be? When bought, seller didnt know what it was from--had it listed as unknown/undescribed jaw.

 

 

Screenshot_20200720-131340_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20200720-131355_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20200720-131347_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20200720-131301_eBay.jpg

11.jpg.e7ecfbb77096f80117cc6675bcd78018.jpg

  • I found this Informative 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
gigantoraptor
1 hour ago, FF7_Yuffie said:

 

Thanks, its a fav fossil of mine. The fossil is in England (Im in Taiwan until covid is over) but I'll post the other pics I have. Including some xray ones seller sent me.

 

What's your thoights what it could be? When bought, seller didnt know what it was from--had it listed as unknown/undescribed 

 

 

 

 

It actually might be one, although I think Hamadasuchus rebouli is a closer match to the tooth.

  • I found this Informative 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gigantoraptor said:

It actually might be one, although I think Hamadasuchus rebouli is a closer match to the tooth.

Cheers, I'll have a look into Hanadasuchus, and dig up the old thread where I originally got it ID'd and have another look through.

Link to post
Share on other sites
will stevenson
5 minutes ago, Top Trilo said:

Decided I’d add something, a section of an Irish elk jaw.4C9DA26C-9049-4FFE-B88E-1614D857EF9F.thumb.jpeg.e32ca66163097f584437951207752417.jpeg0423626A-F2AC-4035-8EA9-402B4AC6023A.thumb.jpeg.0d581607f9bc6a59fc6f7eb16eb3b06f.jpeg

Great addition!;) Irish elks truly were beasts, to think our distant ancestors might have seen them!

  • I found this Informative 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting thread, thanks.  Here's a tiny 4 mm Anole jaw I found in some micro matrix from Merritt Island, Indian River, Florida.  Melbourne bone bed, Late Pleistocene. I posted this in another thread a few years ago.

 

5fac23673c7cc_Anolejaw.jpg.90cf4f65c2a2b0842024ad849f94b96b.jpg

  • I found this Informative 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
will stevenson
2 minutes ago, Pagurus said:

Interesting thread, thanks.  Here's a tiny 4 mm Anole jaw I found in some micro matrix from Merritt Island, Indian River, Florida.  Melbourne bone bed, Late Pleistocene. I posted this in another thread a few years ago.

 

5fac23673c7cc_Anolejaw.jpg.90cf4f65c2a2b0842024ad849f94b96b.jpg

Very nice micro, I had a chance to get some merit island matrix last year, wish I had done it if jaws like this come out:)

  • I found this Informative 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
thelivingdead531
On 11/9/2020 at 1:30 PM, will stevenson said:

Hi guys

i haven’t really seen a topic where people shared associated dentitions, if they have that would be cool to know:) this can be any sort of animal and any amount of association ( ie im not talking about a whole shark)!;) Here is my first contribution 

have fun!

DFE52ADF-F71C-47A7-8C05-814542A3460C.jpeg

3CBF1C9F-F83B-49BD-8824-88879DA8275D.jpeg

C83D48E7-7B77-4ADC-BAA7-407D86BB4A7A.jpeg

Sadly, all of my teeth are individual specimens and I have nothing associated, but I didn’t know until right now just how much I want to have an associated ray plate like this. This is a beautiful fossil! 

  • I found this Informative 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
will stevenson
1 hour ago, thelivingdead531 said:

Sadly, all of my teeth are individual specimens and I have nothing associated, but I didn’t know until right now just how much I want to have an associated ray plate like this. This is a beautiful fossil! 

Thanks! :) They are very hard to find unless you are looking in deposits that were deposited in calm environments. this specimen actually came from the palate bed of the wittering formation, know for its high proportion of them but still, you will find hundreds of single bars before you find a nice one so i treasure this one, good luck in finding one:)

  • I found this Informative 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here you go Will some Premarin micro material , Mostly Captorhinus aguti. Arroyo Formation - Permian.

Lawton, Oklahoma USA. 

 
but the last photo I think this tiny jaw maybe from Euryodus Primus

 

7AD240F2-BBBC-4358-8074-0C793E24CC3A.jpeg

A4CCDC82-9105-435C-9CBD-FAF35B11A5AD.jpeg

D49D22DA-15E4-428F-8A45-C9288FD8389F.jpeg

  • I found this Informative 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
will stevenson
1 hour ago, Bobby Rico said:

Here you go Will some Premarin micro material , Mostly Captorhinus aguti. Arroyo Formation - Permian.

Lawton, Oklahoma USA. 

 
but the last photo I think this tiny jaw maybe from Euryodus Primus

 

7AD240F2-BBBC-4358-8074-0C793E24CC3A.jpeg

A4CCDC82-9105-435C-9CBD-FAF35B11A5AD.jpeg

D49D22DA-15E4-428F-8A45-C9288FD8389F.jpeg

nice ones!:)

Link to post
Share on other sites

My contribution are three dentitions

 

first is a Myliobatis upper and lower dental plate from the Miocene of South Carolina, Morgan River

 

20201114_0803251.thumb.jpg.5055385c72f16e8d0eb2dfdc00a65130.jpg

 

Next is a Sauropod Jaw from the jurassic of Madagascar....Isalo III formation

 

5faffaf6cf5e8_BothripsJaws.thumb.jpg.f78ac2234cfeae18663a080c304823ca.jpg

 

 

A baby jaw from a Diplodocus from the Morisson formation

 

IMG_2467.thumb.jpg.15e77e989e0b0b5974f97607e6f6dc42.jpg

IMG_2469.thumb.jpg.b8e052adbdb7cd13df9474349cc91842.jpg

 

 

  • I found this Informative 17
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Troodon said:

My contribution are three dentitions

Wouldn't expect anything less, these fossils are amazing!

1 hour ago, Dracarys said:

I hate following Frank...

especially on this thread but your jaws are very cool also I love that titanothere

  • I found this Informative 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow! Love those dino jaw pieces posted by troodon and  Dracarys---especially the Hadrosaur battery, that's lovely.

 

I'll post another, a  Mosasaur jaw section from Morocco. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

  • I found this Informative 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

So many great sections and teeth! I’m hesitant to post mine but here are a couple of mine. Some messohippus Jaw sections that I prepped out (there was a sm section of skull with them) and and a jaw section from what I was told was a three toed horse but I’ve never got around to identifying yet. I also have some Permian jaw fragments that I haven’t been able to get good pictures of yet...

0C77B711-3EB7-4B62-B051-E582ABAC96E5.jpeg

77642784-46B1-42CE-8329-A724883CA6FA.jpeg

  • I found this Informative 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Phytosaurs from the Bull Canyon Formation of New Mexico, and a Ptychodus whipplei tooth plate from the Austin Chalk of Dallas County, Tx.

DSCN1023.JPG

IMG-20201023-WA0000_196364137217814.jpg

74332856_122960285812317_8914049656132993024_o.jpg

  • I found this Informative 15
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...