Show us your associated dentitions

Notidanodon

1 minute ago, paulgdls said:

Teeth and lower jaw of the pliosaur Peloneustes philarchus (chief of the mud swimmers). Probable fish eater.

block & mandible#2.JPG

That's a really cool fossil. How big is it? Looks like a good, hefty piece.

6 hours ago, will stevenson said:

a nice tethysaur jaw from the early cretaceous of goulminaIMG_6871-compressed.thumb.jpg.e5d820ff919808899f8f6b307bd1bfe3.jpgIMG_6872-compressed.thumb.jpg.0f4ae715b062067491da56a1d912d5b1.jpgIMG_6873-compressed.thumb.jpg.2c0a10a248c7b0e89781e48c078c5691.jpg

I think I saw this one for sale--or at least a very similar one. It was already sold when I messaged the guy on the website about it.

If it's the same one, glad to see it's found a good home. It's a nice fossil, from a more uncommon species than what usually appears for sale.

5 hours ago, FF7_Yuffie said:

I think I saw this one for sale--or at least a very similar one. It was already sold when I messaged the guy on the website about it.

If it's the same one, glad to see it's found a good home. It's a nice fossil, from a more uncommon species than what usually appears for sale.

i think it might be a different one, i bought this off the forum:)

thanks anyway, it is less common yes, thats why i like it:P

• I found this Informative 3

Megaloceras (giant deer) lower jaw sections. The teeth are as large as those of bison or auroch. From UK inland sites. From the Pleistocene (Devensian) of the UK

DSCF2117.JPG

megaloceros lower jaw section occlusal_1200.jpg

megaloceros lower jaw section posterior_1200.jpg

megaloceros lower jaw#1.jpg

Megaloceros lower jaw#1_1400.jpg

Megaloceros lower jaw#2_1400.JPG

• I found this Informative 5

11 hours ago, paulgdls said:

Megaloceras (giant deer) lower jaw sections. The teeth are as large as those of bison or auroch. From UK inland sites. From the Pleistocene (Devensian) of the UK

DSCF2117.JPG

megaloceros lower jaw section occlusal_1200.jpg

megaloceros lower jaw section posterior_1200.jpg

megaloceros lower jaw#1.jpg

Megaloceros lower jaw#1_1400.jpg

Megaloceros lower jaw#2_1400.JPG

very nice stuff. where abouts in the uk are you finding these, if its a secret spot dont worry,i would just love to find some myself:)

• I found this Informative 1

On 11/21/2020 at 9:51 AM, LSCHNELLE said:

Great pictures! Thanks.  Beautiful specimen!

Definitely, it is Ptychodus mortoni.  It is similar to an associated set pictured in NMMNH Bulletin 81 - Figure 9 on page 10.  These are left laterals - in Figure 9 they are right laterals.  But, these are more rhombic in shape and less rounded on the crown edges than those in Figure 9.  I think that the coarser ridge pattern and coarser concentric pattern on the margins matches better the "crossover" new species from the Late Turonian than the "winged" form of the species.  So, same conclusion as earlier this week - a more "primitive" form of Ptychodus mortoni. 

Thanks so much for the help and information! :fistbump:

@paulgdls Wow, you've got some amazing marine reptile material. The ichthyosaur skull and Peloneustes remains are quite impressive. 

18 hours ago, RuMert said:

Nice form and prep, looks like a piece of art

Thanks mate. Spent 20 years collecting and preparing. 

Paul

17 hours ago, PaleoNoel said:

@paulgdls Wow, you've got some amazing marine reptile material. The ichthyosaur skull and Peloneustes remains are quite impressive. 

Thanks. I've had some good luck finding material over the years.