Dave Wilson

Hi, I recently bought these Dino eggs.I would appreciate any opinions on these as far as being real or fake?Quality etc.Thanks

B798CA00-5977-40DE-A36C-5B0F48AC2103.png

• I found this Informative 1

Will need sharp photos of both eggs, all sides, closeup of eggshell and contact points to matrix.  Egg  Size & Locality

Hi,eggs are 6 inches in diameter.Overall weight is slightly over 21 lbs.Seller didn’t know the location.Im posting pictures from the auction.I haven’t received them yet.Heres another photo.Thanks for responding.Having trouble posting pics.I’ll try and get some more up ASAP.

0DAC662B-938C-4A61-94CA-2C86240D4950.png

The screen shot photos are not adequate for me to see detail.  When you get the egg take high quality photos and repost 

The eggs are real thanks for the photos.  I also wanted to see if they were composited into a clutch which they are not.  I see some repair possibly composited eggshell around some areas at the base but overall they are okay.

• I found this Informative 2

Hi @Troodon. Curiously, which spots are you looking at which could have potential repair/compositing? I thought the section in this photo was suspicious, but I'm not good at assessing fossil eggs. Are there any features to be on the lookout for? Thanks. 

BD9BEFA8-438B-4AF5-B323-65441DB8AE50.thumb.jpeg.892d99243cfc8228e300f9c37bc8becb.jpeg.0d210591c4109393bf63a3e7e878d5ba.jpeg

Yes, That's one of them that looks repaired.  They may have just reattached loose eggshells or added new ones.  My guess is the former.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like good Dendroolithus eggs to me. I echo Troodon's opinion they may have repairs but are otherwise great eggs

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Thanks,I appreciate any info on these.The seller didn’t have any info on species or country of origin.All opinions appreciated.

14 hours ago, Dave Wilson said:

Thanks,I appreciate any info on these.The seller didn’t have any info on species or country of origin.All opinions appreciated.

My guess is that they are from Henan Province as that's a common origin for many hadrosaur eggs on the market akin to yours

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!