Diplodocus caudal vertebra

Hello everyone, I just bought a caudal vertebra of a diplodocus. 

It is from Wyoming and quite impressive in terms of size. 

I have no idea if such pieces could be faked... 

thanks a lot for your feedbacks 

e416bd41-a86a-4057-885a-5b82861276c7.jpg

b216edf5-5585-40fa-b369-42d2278c6d12.jpg

d7437969-70ee-4913-bbf9-31397341b307.jpg

daf935fa-de93-4d8d-8561-d5cfa8e30c25.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

This looks real.  They can be faked, but this is either real or a very nice cast.  Very nice casts cost a lot to make, so I imagine it is real.  Do you know where in Wyoming it was collected?

I quote the seller but I dont know if it's legit : 

"This caudal vertebra was found during a legal excavation in the eastern Bighorn Mountains in Wyoming, USA." 

" Remarkable caudal vertebra of the sauropod "Diplodocus longus" in fantastic quality from the famous Morrison Formation of North America." 

Here are images of caudal vertebrae string of Diplodocus.   Are you sure what you have is one.  

RCEK45.thumb.jpg.b89d7c09e6c4e66a4fd387bc7e345408.jpg

Diplodocus (Marsh) : its osteology, taxonomy, and probable habits, with a restoration of the skeleton. Diplodocus. .  Hatcher, J. B. (John Bell), 1861-1904; Carnegie Museum. Pittsburgh Published under authority of the Board of Trustees of the Carnegie Museum

There are quite a few Diplodocidae  in the morrison Diplodocus being one in that family.  Not knowledgeable enough to know if you can distinguish between the different species.

There are numerous sauropods known from the Morrison... 14 genera last I checked.  IDing individual verts is a challenge and takes some serious research.  Whether the collector did the research or is simply attaching a label that will sell is beyond me.  I have NOT done enough research.  

• I found this Informative 1