Fossil Fishy's of Lebanon Thread

RJB

Nice work, Ron.  I FFed through most of the video.... but I got to see how you do some of the things you do.  You still use glyptal??!!  (An hour is a long time to watch someone else dowhat I do).  : )

• Thank You 1

16 hours ago, jpc said:

Nice work, Ron.  I FFed through most of the video.... but I got to see how you do some of the things you do.  You still use glyptal??!!  (An hour is a long time to watch someone else dowhat I do).  : )

I understand JP.  I've never had a problem with glyptal so I simply keep on using it. 

RB

• 5 months later...

Seems like the older I get the less I post here?   Its not that I quit prepping.  Still prepping up a storm, only less hours per session.  I get in about 15 hours a week.  I've got 57 crab concretions from NZ to get done.  Only done about 7 so far, but I'm doing the biggest ones first mostly and those take some serious time.  Right now I'm working on some rather large fossil fish from Lebanon.  Gots 3 of them that are all betweem 2.5 and 3.5 feet.  Also have some really old fish from Scotland that I need to do.  Gots projects litterally laying all over the place in all stages of prep.  Its a disease, but a disease I think lots of people would love to have. 

If I only had a couple of Jack O Lanturns and a record with some spooky ghost sounds this would have been Halloween night.  Already have the skeleton laying about.  This is a saw fish from lebanon that im getting ready for prep.  You can see the backer board just to the right that it will be glued onto with sylicone.  I first had to remove about half the rock to make it a whoooooole lot lighter.  Went from 91 lbs to about 50.  Its got one bad crack that I will have to repair, but overall, a really nice specimen.

P4060508.thumb.JPG.f708c51608f3790b05841ed1c0d6173f.JPG

• Enjoyed 2