Olenoides serratus

thorst

Hi all,

here is another of my recent models. It is a full-scale Olenoides serratus trilobite I did this summer. Like my Archaeopteryx skeleton, it was modelled in Blender and printed using an Anycubic Photon printer. I used clear resin and painted it with very thin layers, such that the model retains a realistic level of translucency, especially on the legs, gills and antennae. Attached are some photographs and a render of the parts. You can download the model files at thingiverse to print your own one. The length without antennae is about 7cm.

Cheers,

Thorsten

Oserratus_all.JPG

Oserratus_legs.JPG

Oserratus_side.JPG

Oserratus_side2.JPG

Oserratus_top.JPGparats_blender.jpg

Edited by thorst
  • I found this Informative 11

That's a very beautiful and detailed model.

I'm currently trying to learn 3d modelling in blender for some of my own Palaeo Re-Creations.

I think I will try to print this beauty but I'm not sure my FDM printer can handle it, even at a larger scale.

Gorgeous!  :drool: 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Thanks all!

5 hours ago, Misha said:

That's a very beautiful and detailed model.

I'm currently trying to learn 3d modelling in blender for some of my own Palaeo Re-Creations.

I think I will try to print this beauty but I'm not sure my FDM printer can handle it, even at a larger scale.

Good luck with that! I'd love to see your version!

WOW.

My new printers don't get delivered till at least February, but I'm going to have to have a bunch of these.

40 minutes ago, LabRatKing said:

WOW.

My new printers don't get delivered till at least February, but I'm going to have to have a bunch of these.

Cool,

What model?

22 minutes ago, Misha said:

Cool,

What model?

We have 2 RAISE 3D Pro2Plus large formats and a "brand to be determined" SLA going into our new applied sciences lab. I'm also looking for a laser sinter printer so we can work in metal too.

I just run the labs, so I'm ordering what the Applied Sciences proffs tell me. :rolleyes:

• I found this Informative 1

1 hour ago, LabRatKing said:

We have 2 RAISE 3D Pro2Plus large formats and a "brand to be determined" SLA going into our new applied sciences lab. I'm also looking for a laser sinter printer so we can work in metal too.

I just run the labs, so I'm ordering what the Applied Sciences proffs tell me. :rolleyes:

That's awesome

I wish I could get an SLA printer, but for now I just have my Sovol SV01.

I would love to see what you print on those!

1 hour ago, Misha said:

That's awesome

I wish I could get an SLA printer, but for now I just have my Sovol SV01.

I would love to see what you print on those!

I need the SLA for cell culture scaffolds and the like, they are also handy for stuff I use in my research...no clue what the rest of the gang will use them for. I predict a plague of trilobites however....as I will need to "test and calibrate: <wink>

• I found this Informative 1