Anyone recognize these tiny patterns?

aper

I'm curious if anyone recognizes these structures. Found in Denver Basin, near fossil wood deposits. Lattice like structures, almost like giant ommatidia. Maybe a seed? Ticks in blurry scale are mm. Host rock is almost creamy, like chert/opaque agate. Thank you!

IMG_0670.JPG.3e07e433c35049f90691719fddda652d.JPG  IMG_0666.JPG     IMG_0669.thumb.JPG.b9ba834b5c424ecf793e781168efd2fa.JPG

Can't see enough detail of the ends, but bryozoans, I think, or possibly rugose corals. 

• I found this Informative 2

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Thanks so much! I was just reading about bryozoans the other day, so this is an example of the remarkable diversity. The geo map I have classifies this area as Qe/ maybe TL. Does eolian deposit make sense to you for approximate dating around Denver CO? I have lots to learn so this q might be extraordinarily ignorant, so forgive me if way off.

They do look like bryozoans from what I can see. What does your map say Qe and Tl stand for?  I don’t think those are universally known initials other than the Quaternary and Tertiary parts.  Eolian may be possible around Denver, but makes no sense with bryozoans since aeolian are wind blown deposits not marine. 

Qe = Quaternary eolian deposits, and TL = lower tertiary, which is what my geologic map of Colorado maps to this area. Puzzling what time period the coral is actually from if no marine environment during those periods. Thank you for your feedback.

Teredo sp., ship worm?

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.'

George Santayana

Very often, especially in waterways, the geological maps will identify the area as newer deposits than what can be found in lower bedrock because much of the surface will be material that has washed in and was deposited above the bedrock during those earlier times and can contain much newer specimens. Your fossils may be much older than what the map says. Look at the nearest older formations on your map for a more likely date.

• I found this Informative 1