Theres no way I'm the only one, but I think a fossil display with models incorporated take display and immersion to the next level. The creature alongside the evidence it left behind, makes such museum like feel in appearance and enhances the appreciation and wonder. Heres a thread to post any fossils you have on display alongside a model, statue, or toy.

Here is a display from my collection of one of my favorite prehistoric creatures postosuchus alongside a giant 10inch+ chirotherium pos/neg footprint.

20201126_213933.jpg

20201126_213950.jpg

20201126_214005.jpg

• I found this Informative 9

That’s a nice display and fossil. 

I can add to it today but not with a fossil sadly because at Christmas some of my displays are put away so Mrs R can get her Christmas Peanuts snoopy village out. This is my model of Euoplocephalus is an prototype made for the NHML is has been repaired and repainted by myself. It is just under a meter in length and never been sold commercially but especially made in the 1980’s NHML. 

68389308-2D89-4C56-9ECC-3C7293DA6BEA.jpeg

CEC32675-B817-490F-9051-939B8198E817.jpeg

9599F021-2A3B-4C7D-A5C2-BB792AE7EC89.jpeg

I found an old picture with my shark in a jar display 

BE788F8A-B8D7-4D77-BA17-395631A53ED9.jpeg

• I found this Informative 9

A White Tailed Deer jaw from Florida and diorama . With 00 gauge Figure that are mainly used for  Train sets. I can only find a Reindeer but added Santa and MrsC for the holidays. 

4924AABB-EE57-4EF0-BC52-8447BB1DAD4F.jpeg

6DA17CCE-5B78-4934-A174-0BC9ACA3ED3F.jpeg

B0346BBD-7F85-4864-875D-CA8AB494272F.jpeg

• I found this Informative 8

6 hours ago, Kurufossils said:

@Bobby Rico Nice! I love the Christmas themed diorama display with the stand incorporated into it.

Thanks I made few stands like this one. I really like the 00 gauge models sadly they don’t make dinosaur . In my opinion no fossil display is complete without s plastic animal or two in front of it . This lives on my mammal collection shelve next to my bison horn.

CC939C99-EC85-45B2-93C7-6C381AA13DC9.jpeg

35BAF0AC-B894-4233-88BF-619855115A34.jpeg

• I found this Informative 3

Thats awesome to incorporate artistry and craftsmanship into your display makes it all the more amazing, I completely agree! I want to do this for as many fossils as space allows.

Love the displays, I've only been able to do this for one animal - don't have much space right now. I really like the idea though and hope to expand this kind of display, at least for my more note-worthy stuff. 

IMG_1744.thumb.jpeg.99cc3acae80316aaff0a8793e7c0ed48.jpeg

• I found this Informative 4

"Argumentation cannot suffice for the discovery of new work, since the subtlety of Nature is greater many times than the subtlety of argument." - Carl Sagan

"I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here and there." - Richard Feynman

Collections: Hell Creek Microsite | Hell Creek/Lance | Dinosaurs | Sharks | SquamatesPost Oak Creek | North Sulphur RiverLee Creek | Aguja | Permian | Devonian | Triassic | Harding Sandstone

Instagram: @thephysicist_tff

10 hours ago, Kurufossils said:

Thats awesome to incorporate artistry and craftsmanship into your display makes it all the more amazing, I completely agree! I want to do this for as many fossils as space allows.

Thank you that’s kind. I think they add a bit of fun to the displays. Here is a stand I made for my tip of a tusk from a Straight Tusk Elephant. It is not the best looking fossil but really rare in the uk.  I will get a little Elephant to finish the diorama at some point. I have added a thread to show how I made it. I hope you do make a stand or two. 

cheers Bobby 

BDD2B394-3913-4CD8-802B-4B9EE61A533F.jpeg

76E844E4-85BB-401B-9A41-2E4B2B6EF775.jpeg

• I found this Informative 4

14 hours ago, ThePhysicist said:

Love the displays, I've only been able to do this for one animal - don't have much space right now. I really like the idea though and hope to expand this kind of display, at least for my more note-worthy stuff. 

That’s a nice looking display I really like T.rex

3 hours ago, Bobby Rico said:

That’s a nice looking display I really like T.rex

Thanks! I hope I can follow your guide to make more displays. What gauge(s) of wire do you typically use (I'm sure it depends on the object), and do you just use pliers to manipulate it?

I really like T. rex too :D 

• I found this Informative 1

"Argumentation cannot suffice for the discovery of new work, since the subtlety of Nature is greater many times than the subtlety of argument." - Carl Sagan

"I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here and there." - Richard Feynman

Collections: Hell Creek Microsite | Hell Creek/Lance | Dinosaurs | Sharks | SquamatesPost Oak Creek | North Sulphur RiverLee Creek | Aguja | Permian | Devonian | Triassic | Harding Sandstone

Instagram: @thephysicist_tff

22 hours ago, ThePhysicist said:

Thanks! I hope I can follow your guide to make more displays. What gauge(s) of wire do you typically use (I'm sure it depends on the object), and do you just use pliers to manipulate it?

I really like T. rex too :D 

Hi I just use what I can find the stand with the Deer jaw was coat hanger but it was hard to bend. Good luck on your display. 

I collect toy animals as well as make my own models. I made the eurypterus to match the size of the fossil.

34840849353_75799e5893_c.jpg

25324126147_dd5055973f_c.jpg

• I found this Informative 8