daves64

The title may seem odd, but I think the pics will show why. This piece of Burmese amber that I got from @holdinghistory back in May has an interesting inclusion. Piece measures 2 cm x 1.5 cm & the main part of the inclusion is 5 mm x 3 mm. Not sure what type of bug it was as the head is gone, but the amber fractured in such a way that you can see what looks like calcified intestines inside the bug. Both ends of the bug are gone, but it makes for an interesting inclusion. I had read that occasionally the innards can calcify and this might be one of those times. I put a small amount of clear oil over the inclusion for the pics as the inner parts won't actually polish due to the crystallization. And it helped to magnify the images a bit. The first 3 pics are the underside of the inclusion, 4th is the top (closeups), 5th is a complete view of the bottom section 6 & 7 being the entire piece, bottom shown first. There are a couple other small bugs & either hair or spiderweb as well, but those I'm not really worried about.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.