A trio of Grallator prints from France

FF7_Yuffie

I have been offered these three prints, for a decent price each---I'd quite like to add a French Grallator to my collection, so if someone can have a look, that would be great.

All are Jurassic age, found in Sauclieres, France.

First two photos == A concave one, matrix is 16cm by 16 cm .   A concave one is my preferred choice.

Next two photos == A convex fossil,  slab is 14  x 18 cm.

Final photo = Another convex,  19 x 17cm matrix.

If someone can take a look at let me know what you think, that would be much appreciated. 

foot print 120   2-min.jpg             foot print 120   1-min.jpg

foot print 110  1-min.jpg          foot print 110  2-min.jpg

foot print 110   plaque fine  1-min.jpg

The question I would have, What are they "painted" with? That is, is it easily removable (e.g. watercolor). My preference is for unpainted prints.

• I found this Informative 2

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

23 minutes ago, snolly50 said:

The question I would have, What are they "painted" with? That is, is it easily removable (e.g. watercolor). My preference is for unpainted prints.

I am waiting to hear from the seller about that---I am the same. I get painting/highlighting them for photos---I have a couple of prints myself and while they look good and clear in person they can be a pain to photograph. But, yeah, I'd definitely want it to be easily removeable.

The shape is typical of what you see sold at shows on French Grallator prints.  I kind of like some light enhancement so you and others can see these fine prints since they are a very faint.  You just have to make sure that the majority of what you are looking is not enhanced and shaped.   Unfortunately most sellers that I talked to at shows were really clueless on what was done to each slab.

• I found this Informative 1

Thanks for taking a look and for the advice. The one I am most interested in getting is the top concave one--- I figure that will show up better even with enhancement removed.

Seller emailed back. The enhancement can be removed and offered to do it if I place an order.

31 minutes ago, Pemphix said:

Thanks. Seller is removing color off the one Im intetested in and will send a pic when. Ill post it for another check when I get pics--the concave one im likely going for

@Pemphix

Hi, seller sent a pic without highlight if you could take a look, that would be great. Screenshot is ok? The file sent is big and I cant decompress size on my phone.

Thanks for the help

Screenshot_20201208-010509_Chrome.jpg

On 12/3/2020 at 6:28 AM, FF7_Yuffie said:

foot print 120   1-min.jpgScreenshot_20201208-010509_Chrome.jpg

Side by side comparison.

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

Back a number of years ago,  I purchased a Grallator  track laid down in the US Connecticut River Valley.

I added 2-3 drops of water to the rock. You do not need the paint. Yours look about right.

IMG_2295Grallator.jpg.6d446d5137a561dce395888814781968.jpg

Then I used a color filter on my camera to create this image

IMG_2295enhGrallator.jpg.41912ae38f79b92e1667cc62f5beae6d.jpg

• I found this Informative 3

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Thanks for taking a look. Water brings it out really well--thanks for the tip. Will be good to know for whenever I get around to posting some of my other prints online. This print seems to check out ok--always very wary of prints---so I'll look into getting it.

Thanks for help

Still not the best photo (would need a photo made with highlight "Streiflicht" ), but from what can be seen it's a good possibility that it is a track....