Moroccan Enchodus and other fragments

val horn

I was very fortunate to win the christmas acution lot H  that praefectus put up.  This lot was composed of a spinosaur tooth and enchodus fang and partial jaw.  They are really pretty fossils that will have a good home in my collection.    The enchodus was in matrix, and I cleaned up a little more around the fossil, so now I hav e additional bone fragments that I would like to ask for help in understanding.  On the lower right is a piece of a vertebrae?.  In the lower left ther is another segment of jaw with part of a root for a tooth, What if anything can be made of the larger white blobs?  Also on the lower side of the main jaw fragment are 4 triangles  they are not teeth but what are they?

IMG_0611.jpg.cc1a46cfcf7a85a95fdc392f6fb0b7a5.jpg  IMG_0616.jpg.6108e4d8c55d3acb2cabe1baf189c70b.jpg

IMG_0613.jpg

• Fossildude19 changed the title to Moroccan Enchodus and other fragments

This looks neat! I can't help you, but I think it may help others if you take pictures zoomed in on the exact bones you need help with.

Enlargements from the  fossil and its matrix.  the first photo shows the main jaw fragment and the large fang.   there are 4 little trianges  on the opposite side of the jaw bone.  What are they as they are on the wrong surface of the jaw for teeth.  Ideas, suggestions help understanding will be appreciated

the second picture ? shows another piece of jaw with the root of a fang?  and an ? white lump?

the third photo shows what I believe to be a vertebrae

and the last photo shows two large white lumps with the secondary jaw fragment between the objects- shell?. skull? bone hash?  

IMG_0629.jpg

IMG_0628.jpg

IMG_0630.jpg

IMG_0625.jpg