Shark tooth ID

Kolya

Looks like it could be a side cusp, but not sure what from. Maybe goblin since I see striations?

• I found this Informative 1

"Argumentation cannot suffice for the discovery of new work, since the subtlety of Nature is greater many times than the subtlety of argument." - Carl Sagan

"I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here and there." - Richard Feynman

Collections: Hell Creek Microsite | Hell Creek/Lance | Dinosaurs | Sharks | SquamatesPost Oak Creek | North Sulphur RiverLee Creek | Aguja | Permian | Devonian | Triassic | Harding Sandstone

Instagram: @thephysicist_tff

Hybodont?

• I found this Informative 1

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.'

George Santayana

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2020 at 2:43 AM, hemipristis said:

Hybodont?

16 hours ago, Kolya said:

coul it be Lonchidion tooth?

ehh, I don't think Lonchidion, striations too strong, seems too blade-like. I had thought about hybodont, but I think they're usually more conical and there would be at least an indication of striations on both sides?

"Argumentation cannot suffice for the discovery of new work, since the subtlety of Nature is greater many times than the subtlety of argument." - Carl Sagan

"I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here and there." - Richard Feynman

Collections: Hell Creek Microsite | Hell Creek/Lance | Dinosaurs | Sharks | SquamatesPost Oak Creek | North Sulphur RiverLee Creek | Aguja | Permian | Devonian | Triassic | Harding Sandstone

Instagram: @thephysicist_tff

1 hour ago, ThePhysicist said:

ehh, I don't think Lonchidion, striations too strong, seems too blade-like. I had thought about hybodont, but I think they're usually more conical and there would be at least an indication of striations on both sides?

You could very well be correct.  I've found only one Hybodont tooth in all my years. Hardly my strong suit. I was going more by overall shape, and am unsure still

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.'

George Santayana