Identification help please

88Teo88

Dear Forum

My mother got theses "stones" a long time ago, they seem like fossils to me, but I don't know, she told me they were in a plough field, close to Pécs in Hungary.

the big one: 9 cm x 6 cm 

the little one: 6 cm x 4 cm         Thank you so much for any help:)

DSC_0049.JPG

DSC_0050.JPG

+1 for ironstone concretions. Sometimes these are hollow and have sand or other debris in them. Makes a rattling sound if you shake them.

• I found this Informative 1

I am sorry but these aren't fossils

Concretions can sometimes take the form of apparent fossils like these specimens below

concret 2.jpg

concret 1.jpg

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Thank you so much Guys:) live and learn

I tried to shake it, but It is solid,  but the lines of my stones aren't so regular as your examples, could it be a writing? or it is just a random pattern and doesn't matter? 

Edited by 88Teo88

35 minutes ago, 88Teo88 said:

Thank you so much Guys:) live and learn

I tried to shake it, but It is solid,  but the lines of my stones aren't so regular as your examples, could it be a writing? or it is just a random pattern and doesn't matter? 

It's a random pattern. It's still a cool geological object though! My niece once gave me a rock that she thought was a fossil and I still have it with me. Why not keep this too?

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!