Rubykicks

I found this at my sister's lake house (in Indiana) up by the house where they usually see a lot of turtle eggs under the bushes. I'm not sure if this is a fossilized egg or a concretion. I'm very new to this. Any info would be great. 

16072961606542529853447575495957.jpg

I do not think its an egg, or a fossil but more photos would help

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

It's most likely not an egg as it lacks eggshell textures. Still, post some better pics if you can

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Here is a close up with micro cam I have. I have it at other angles, but it keeps telling me the photo is too large. I'm trying to fix it. But in the meantime, I thought this might help see the texture up close. 

20-12-03 01:50:55.png

I get the feeling that this is a rounded pebble of chalcedony.

Can not exclude a rounded pebble of flowstone/sinter, though.

But I am far from sure on both.

Franz Bernhard

• I found this Informative 1

1 hour ago, FranzBernhard said:

Franz Bernhard

Thank you for the insight!  I will say that I originally thought it could have been a geode because with the hand scope I can see into the cracks enough to see the inside looks to be crystal cluster its heavy for the size and pretty solid. It doesn't scratch and the shape threw me so any guesses are helpful and give me a direction to better search. :)

Looks like quartz or chert, to me. 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Striped flint?

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

17 hours ago, FranzBernhard said:

Franz Bernhard

Thank you for the insight!  I will say that I originally thought it could have been a geode because with the hand scope I can see into the cracks enough to see the inside looks to be crystal cluster its heavy for the size and pretty solid. It doesn't scratch and the shape threw me so any guesses are helpful and give me a direction to better search. :)