Real T-Rex tooth?

Is this a real T-rex tooth? 

this tooth belong to someone i know.

He claimed that he got a big rex tooth from USA (no more specific locality). 

Here are Three pictures I have. What do you guy think?? 

FB_IMG_1607356493435.thumb.jpg.43a8265feb3ae42cd5ee7d588e3974cd.jpgIMG_20201207_231433.thumb.jpg.0f8de9133ee4675421c70cc3308fab1b.jpgFB_IMG_1607356539736.thumb.jpg.cdeef5d0ac812859ede1078577ce33bc.jpg

a) looks too skinny

b ) looks like two teeth combined to make one.  I see a thick line of non-tooth running through the middle, and if you follow the curve on the concex edge, it does not flow.  I think the base portion is part of a much shorter tooth.  

• I found this Informative 2

I completely agree a composite.  Actually looks like some Tyrannosauroid teeth I've seen from Uzbekistan.  Local Sellers do composite these teeth.

Do avoid.

• I found this Informative 3

Agree with Troodon these do look like those awful Uzbekistan composites. 

Stay away, including any seller that would push these without a big warning about them being composite. 

• I found this Informative 2

6 hours ago, jpc said:

a) looks too skinny

b ) looks like two teeth combined to make one.  I see a thick line of non-tooth running through the middle, and if you follow the curve on the concex edge, it does not flow.  I think the base portion is part of a much shorter tooth.  

Thank you!  It did look very fake at my first sight and mostly a combined tooth as you said 

6 hours ago, Troodon said:

I completely agree a composite.  Actually looks like some Tyrannosauroid teeth I've seen from Uzbekistan.  Local Sellers do composite these teeth.

Do avoid.

Thank you Frank. very suspicious to me at first sight of being a fake combine tooth.

@Guns if it was me the first thing I would do is go back to the dealer and demand the money back. Don't go in expecting the dealer to concede and give the money back most won't. Use their reputation as leverage in the conversation that has worked for me once. That tooth has a dollar value but personally I wouldn't pay $100 for it.

Okay thats the bad news. The good news is buying a composite or heavily altered fossil happens to the best of us...its just part of the fossil collecting game (especially dinosaur). Earlier this year I spent thousands on a fossil that I thought was real, many of the experts in this forum thought was authentic, and one of the best preppers around saw it in person and thought most of it was real. It was not. This is from a known dealer who has sold me real fossils previously. People do desperate things when they need money I guess.

It happens, take it as a lesson, move on. Educate yourself on how these fakes are made....its mostly epoxy putty and paint like this tooth. You need to really look at the fossil "definition?" or texture across the whole. Real bone texture is hard to replicate by sculpting putty. 

• I found this Informative 1

On 12/8/2020 at 7:22 AM, Guns said:

@BadlandTraveller @SULLY

Thank you guy for the coment! 

unfortunately this tooth already sold as Rex tooth to a dude i know by local dealer (I think you can imagine the price of nearly 4 inch rex tooth)

Ouch! Ask for a full refund.

Thankfully it is easy enough to prove this tooth is a composite. Either the testimonials of countless T. rex teeth collectors, photo references next to proper T. rex teeth sample, or even an email to a tyrannosaurid paleontologist should show that this tooth is a bust

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

15 minutes ago, Guns said:

@-Andy- Do you have a email contact? 

I will PM you

• I found this Informative 1

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!