Reptile heads or rocks?

Rubykicks

So over the last few years I've collected different rocks, fossils, and anything else I find that i think is unique. Eventually, I go through them and have a closer look. I'm sure my eyes are making things up, but, hey, why go om wondering when I can just ask?? I have some rocks here some found in Indiana and some in Ohio and I'm wondering if they are reptile heads of some sort(I'm assuming that's a thing people actually find lol)  If you tell me they are rocks, I will believe they are rocks and will appreciate the knowledge. Thank you in advance!  You guys rock(yes, pun intended)! Oh, and these are between a half inch to a little over an inch. 

219095491.jpg

126169210.jpg

218758628.jpg

20-12-07 17:59:34.png

Just now, Petalodus12 said:

Unfortunately these look to be rocks, most likely pebbles made of quartz, and not heads of reptiles.

Thank you!  I figured as much, just wanted to be sure. :)

• I found this Informative 4

yes 100% quartz rocks. Something to note, fossilized "heads" are very common and most people who post rocks thinking they are dinosaurs or animals seem to consistently think "fossilized fetus" or "fossilized head" but never in the shape of a skull but rather the shape of what the head would have looked like with all the meat on. You will rarely every find any dinosaur skulls and at that, none with the flesh on. Fossilized Fetuses are also near non-existent  

- Cheers

• I found this Informative 1

3 hours ago, Zenmaster6 said:

yes 100% quartz rocks. Something to note, fossilized "heads" are very common and most people who post rocks thinking they are dinosaurs or animals seem to consistently think "fossilized fetus" or "fossilized head" but never in the shape of a skull but rather the shape of what the head would have looked like with all the meat on. You will rarely every find any dinosaur skulls and at that, none with the flesh on. Fossilized Fetuses are also near non-existent  

- Cheers

Very helpful info!  Thank you so much!

On 12/8/2020 at 1:06 PM, Zenmaster6 said:

- Cheers

I do have a question though. Are petrified reptiles ever found?  And if so, would those not look the meat on the head? I ask this because you said "fossilized heads" and I didn't use that term. Although I don't know much about fossils, I do know that fossils are bones and petrified objects can be made of things besides bone. 

13 minutes ago, Rubykicks said:

I do have a question though. Are petrified reptiles ever found?  And if so, would those not look the meat on the head? I ask this because you said "fossilized heads" and I didn't use that term. Although I don't know much about fossils, I do know that fossils are bones and petrified objects can be made of things besides bone. 

Without rare circumstances, no. Mammoths have been found still with hair and blood frozen in the arctic and I'd assume the same could happen to an arctic lizard and some reptiles have been found in amber with more than just bones

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

These 12 lizards were trapped in amber for 99 million years - CSMonitor.com

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

1 hour ago, Top Trilo said:

Without rare circumstances, no. Mammoths have been found still with hair and blood frozen in the arctic and I'd assume the same could happen to an arctic lizard and some reptiles have been found in amber with more than just bones

Ok. Thank you again for the info. I just have a massive rock collection and no expectations beyond my rock tumbler so it's good to pick up little bits of knowledge as I go in case i do run into something cool.