paleo.nath

Hello, i’ve just recently found out about the possible trilobites that can be found near Hoppin Hill Massachusetts, does anybody have any information on where exactly these are and if they are available to the public? 

I am a native of MA and I have never heard of Hoppin Hill.  I do know that the Paradoxoides found in Braintree were found in an excavation.... MBTA? maybe.  

1 hour ago, paleo.nath said:

Hello, i’ve just recently found out about the possible trilobites that can be found near Hoppin Hill Massachusetts, does anybody have any information on where exactly these are and if they are available to the public? 

I believe the trilobite site was in Boston harbor, and is now only accessible by boat/canoe/kayak. 

I've heard tell of plant and insect trace fossils in North Attleboro, but not trilobites. 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

20 minutes ago, jpc said:

I am a native of MA and I have never heard of Hoppin Hill.  I do know that the Paradoxoides found in Braintree were found in an excavation.... MBTA? maybe.  

I hadn’t heard of it until recently, so i’m still not quite sure if it’s worth going to check it out

8 minutes ago, Fossildude19 said:

I believe the trilobite site was in Boston harbor, and is now only accessible by boat/canoe/kayak. 

I've heard tell of plant and insect trace fossils in North Attleboro, but not trilobites. 

Okay, thank you 

• 1 year later...