Ammo's Around the Woodstove

RJB

Im not sure this is in the right place, but here goes.  First I want to wish everyone a very merry Xmas, a happy holidays or what ever suits your fancy.  I had ordered a very large ammonite from madagascar quite awhile ago, but being that we lost a family member I didnt have it in me to post anything.   Life throws some purty big curve balls and I will never get past this one but still trying to make a good christmas.   The big ammo on the bottom left is a 65 lbs Monster!   Got a few others there too but have had those for quite awhile.  The big Placenticeras is one my youngest son gave me.  A few more of these big rocks and I wont be able to get to the wood stove?!    Everybody be good and stay out of trouble.

RB

DSCN0805.JPG

• I found this Informative 15

They say go big or go home. You've done both.  Thanks for sharing your fossils and your preps here on the forum this past year, Ron, and here's hoping your Christmas is as good as you can make it, and your new year is a better one.

• I found this Informative 1

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

So sorry to hear of your loss, but it's good to see you on your feet and moving forward.  Great ammos, great family scene.  Have a blessed holiday season.

Deepest condolences for your loss.

It's been a horrible year for many of us. 

But these fossils can bring a little light into all our lives. :) 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Ron, 

Sorry to hear of your loss. My deepest condolences.

I hope you can make the best of this holiday season. 

(Btw, ... great looking stove, ... and fossils. :) )

Hang in there, brother. 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Very sorry to hear your sad news my deepest  condolences.
 Your room looks very cosy and warm. Stay safe and look after yourself . 

All the best Bobby 

nice ammonites too. 

Hi Ron,

The first xmas without that person is always the hardest. If you can circle the family wagon a bit tighter and support each other even more during a time that is about joy, it will be like he is still there in a way. He always will be. :) Hug everyone tighter and get them to ooh and ahh over those mighty ammos!

• I found this Informative 2

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, Ron.  One of my aunts passed away just before Thanksgiving.  It helps to share memories with those who also knew her.

Merry Christmas,

Jess

Very sorry for your loss, but I'm glad to see you're still trying to enjoy the season. 

The fireplace looks quite nice! In fact it's making me miss my old wood stove! Brrrrrr! As the nights get longer and colder, I question why I ever parted with it in the first place. Nothing quite compares to a real fire! 

Hope everyone stays safe and warm, and enjoys the coming weeks, however you spend them. 

Great monster ammos and wood stove! Throw a log on for me would you? It’s chilly here this morning. 

Hang in there Ron! I would say the cliche that “Time heals all wounds”, but it would be a lie. I know from experience that you never really heal such wounds, but you do learn to deal with the pain as time passes. 

May your holidays be as cheery and joyous as you can make them! 

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

Sorry about your loss.  My father also passed away this April due to COVID 19 complication.  I'm also spending Christmas with loss of one of our family member.    

You ammonites are great!  I also have four ammonites that are same size like yours, and they are also sitting next to my fire place.  

Don   

20201214_135821.jpg

• I found this Informative 2

2 hours ago, Creek - Don said:

Sorry about your loss.  My father also passed away this April due to COVID 19 complication.  I'm also spending Christmas with loss of one of our family member.    

You ammonites are great!  I also have four ammonites that are same size like yours, and they are also sitting next to my fire place.  

Don   

20201214_135821.jpg

Sorry for your lose as well. Never loses its sting but the pain usually dulls a bit.

Nice fireplace decorations! I only have a few little ones. Nothing close to what I've seen on this thread

2 hours ago, Creek - Don said:

away this April due to COVID 19 complication.  I'm also spending Christmas with loss of one of our family member.    

My deepest condolences this is the 3 Christmas without my Dad and he spent most the holiday with us for many years . It is a very difficult time but what helps me is I remember the good times fondly .

Nice ammonites I am also a collector of them. 

all the best Bobby