fossil glass sponge

fossilnut

I volunteer at the Natural History Society of Maryland. I do a talk "May the Quartz be with You". In all my talks, I incorporate modern and fossil material. In this one, I show a modern glass sponge as part of how living animals use silica. I would like to add a actual fossil glass sponge to the display materials that go with the talk. Everything-the power point pictures, write up and the display items, I have donated to NHSM. Just trying to make improvements. So anyone out there with a fossil glass sponge to trade? Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone. Stay safe

I am looking for a FOSSIL glass sponge. I have already obtained a very nice Euplectella-Venus Flower Basket that I use in the display. Wanted to add a fossil glass sponge to talk about their long existence.

Me Too. Thanks for the followup. Had not seen that Cretaceous sponge. Very beautiful. Now does anyone have one of these or another they are willing to part with?

@piranha

4 minutes ago, fossilnut said:

Me Too. Thanks for the followup. Had not seen that Cretaceous sponge. Very beautiful. Now does anyone have one of these or another they are willing to part with?

@piranha

Check the auction site for a few reasonably priced Ventriculites specimens happy0144.gif

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png