Help ID this German ammonite

Georgemckenzie

Hiya everyone I recently got this ammonite today it’s from Germany the locality is on the photo with it but there was no species name a help to ID it would be great thanks 978A7794-4FBD-4991-A133-9CC6E7654B85.thumb.jpeg.2efdcb5eecb2e4383dec4abb266aa8c7.jpeg

Hello,

The locality name "Solnhofen" refers to the Solnhofen basin or the lagerstatte. It's not the locality name like Eichstatt, Hienheim, Brunn, Zandt, etc.

It will be difficult to ID your specimen without the exact name of where it was found. :unsure:

• I found this Informative 1

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

4 minutes ago, abyssunder said:

Hello,

The locality name "Solnhofen" refers to the Solnhofen basin or the lagerstatte. It's not the locality name like Eichstatt, Hienheim, Brunn, Zandt, etc.

It will be difficult to ID your specimen without the exact name of where it was found. :unsure:

Ahh sorry about that and thanks for the help picked it up today from the local shop but the guy never had a species on it so maybe that explains why 

I'm a big fan of the Solnhofen lithographic limestone plate fossils and I have hundreds of plates, including ammonites. 
Please wait the experts opinion from that area. 

Here's a link that may help you:

https://www.solnhofen-fossilienatlas.de/search.php

• I found this Informative 1

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Thanks a lot I’ve taken a lot to trilobites and ammonites this while back and I saw this piece today and liked how it looked I do landscaping sometimes and u get the same little crystal formations on the natural Indian sandstone paving slabs I think the call them pseudo fossils if I’m right