Mysterious coral fossil

GABRIEL.P

This is a coral fossil found in Myloi Gorge, in Rethymno area. I can't identify it, but i know

its epoch is Pliocene because in that area were found fish fossils in matrix dated from the Zanclean subepoch( subepoch in Pliocene).

Please, can you try to identify it.

Thanks.

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.thumb.jpg.20c70575446e72064c35311da751ebea.jpg

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.thumb.jpg.20c70575446e72064c35311da751ebea.jpgccccccccccccccc.thumb.jpg.44e28781b5aaad7bd19e862270d20aa9.jpg

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

Edited by GABRIEL.P

Here is an enhanced detail. It looks rather disorganized to be a colonial coral. I have a hard time seeing the boundary between corallites. Maybe it is a group of crystals. We really need a much better up close photo.

B8164D71-D6BD-4CA8-9563-9ED71454DEE3.jpeg

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

It looks strange in the preservation status, but I'm leaning toward coral.

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Try taking photo with trypod. Use macro setting and 2 second timer. This should get us better focus. A top and side photo    Awesome find. Packy 

• 3 weeks later...

@Ludwigia The images are bad, so it could be coral or anything anorganic. Sorry for not coming back earlier but I escaped almost weeks to the Gulf of Mexico.