Croc tooth?

Top Trilo

I was given this “spinosaurus tooth” a long time ago but when I looked at it again I thought it looked more like a croc tooth. It’s from Morocco and is about 4 cm. Is there anyway to assign a genus to it? I heard it’s hard to identify Moroccan teeth that far

3AD68DC7-6B22-4F9F-8D36-03BF80685AFF.thumb.jpeg.2df5e7c306004932db4560ac4206bc73.jpeg

C344091F-8F12-4293-9571-44D7A0E1C435.thumb.jpeg.e0f6e6493f142f71cbb76b25b264cad1.jpeg

6BEDC758-7E0E-4C45-BE23-D68A116B62BB.thumb.jpeg.cf9b9afc0c4283b9abcf1fc32af52612.jpeg

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

The striations and thick root feels a lot more like Spinosaurus to me. Do you have a cross section picture?

Right now the exact ID for the Spino of Kem Kem Beds is still being debated

A 2018 paper claims Sigilmassasaurus is indistinguishable from Spinosaurus in the Kem Kem Beds, so all specimens there should be named Spinosaurini indet.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/326507888_Aquatic_adaptation_in_the_skull_of_carnivorous_dinosaurs_Theropoda_Spinosauridae_and_the_evolution_of_aquatic_habits_in_spinosaurus

However, a 2020 paper claims Sigilmassasaurus is a synonym of Spinosaurus, so specimens from the Kem Kem Beds are indeed Spinosaurus

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0195667120302068

• I found this Informative 2

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

I echo what Andy said. The striations point to your tooth being spinosaurid. I would label this tooth spinosaurid indet. 

• I found this Informative 1