Alcione - Pterosaur humerus?

FF7_Yuffie

Quite interested in this pterosaur humerus.  It is described as Alcione -- From Morocco. The piece measures 16cm x 10cm

The shape does seem to match another I saw posted here, but a more knowledgable view would be great.

Many thanks

1.jpg

2.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

Yep the shape looks just like a Nyctosaurid humerus and it most likely belongs to the species Alcione Elainus. It looks to be from the Maastrichtian deposits of the Ouled Abdoun Basin. The other Nyctosaurids that lived alongside Alcione include Simurghia Robusta & Barbaridactylus Gradis, so the humerus could be from one of the other Nyctosaurs but I think it looks like a humerus from Alcione. Very cool fossil!

This is my Pterosaur humerus from Alcione confirmed by Professor David Martill for comparison

5fdccb8072b99_AlcionePterosaurhumerusfossil.jpg.8dfa0d1432740f1f71dae7a332692c94.jpg5fdccb8958c7a_AlcionePterosaurhumerusfossil2.jpg.accbfedc07704803b6f158a7517f0d43.jpg

• I found this Informative 2

43 minutes ago, msantix said:

Yep the shape looks just like a Nyctosaurid humerus and it most likely belongs to the species Alcione Elainus. It looks to be from the Maastrichtian deposits of the Ouled Abdoun Basin. The other Nyctosaurids that lived alongside Alcione include Simurghia Robusta & Barbaridactylus Gradis, so the humerus could be from one of the other Nyctosaurs but I think it looks like a humerus from Alcione. Very cool fossil!

This is my Pterosaur humerus from Alcione confirmed by Professor David Martill for comparison

5fdccb8072b99_AlcionePterosaurhumerusfossil.jpg.8dfa0d1432740f1f71dae7a332692c94.jpg5fdccb8958c7a_AlcionePterosaurhumerusfossil2.jpg.accbfedc07704803b6f158a7517f0d43.jpg

Cheers, that's the one I saw on here that pursuaded me to seek one out to buy myself.

Figured it best to check that they are the same, rather than just similar. Glad the one I've got my eye is accurate. I'll look to getting it ordered.

Thanks for the help