drbush

Hi friends and happy holidays  ,can you help me with this ,I went to Marrat formation area (toarcian) to the west of Riyadh and found many ammonites ,they are small , thin , 6-10 cm wide and 4-5 cm high , it was a surface find . What sp. could they be?

Nejdia.jpg

Nejdia1.jpg

Nejdia2.jpg

• I found this Informative 7

Hello drbush,

I am sorry i can not tell you anything about the species, but the way the structure weathered out in this one is beautiful and something I have not seen before.

Try to learn something about everything and everything about something

Thomas Henry Huxley

Very nice, indeed! Thanks for sharing!

Guess there is some kind of wind abrasion involved in them?

But sorry, can also not ID them...

Franz Bernhard

I'm also not certain which sp. you have there, but according to the various suture lines, you have at least 2 different ones. I would suggest making comparisons with the ammonite fauna from concurring stratigraphy in other parts of the world.

• I found this Informative 2

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

I don't know which ones are which, but the Marrat Fm. is divided into three informal units; the lower one having the ammonites Bouleiceras elegans and Protogrammoceras madagascariensnear near the top, the middle unit being barren and the upper unit containing Hildaites sanderi, Nejdia bramkampi and Nejdia furnishi..

• I found this Informative 8

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

7 hours ago, drbush said:

It could be Nejdia bramkampi 

I dunno. 

Yours are actually better preserved than the specimens I have seen in the literature for this location! :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png