Antonio Musolino

Hi people.

I found this fish in the Malagasy mountains in 2014.
I think it's a Piveauia madagascariensis Lehman, 1952 ??
To get to the site we have to walk in the mountains for 4-5 hours, depending on the site we want to visit, for me it was a fabulous period, not only for the fossils, but also for the discovery of the way of life of the Malagasy, the all those that surrounds it.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2021 !!

DSC01599.jpg

DSC01600.jpg

DSC01603.jpg

• I found this Informative 10

Lovely  coelacanth!  :wub:  :drool: 

EDIT: Moved to MEMBERS COLLECTIONS.

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Unbelievable find! I am too old and beat up to hoof it 4-5 hours except in my dreams! Plus the presence of so many nasty evil spirits in the area is enough to keep me home. I did learn a little about the Malagasy as a result of your post, but I couldn't locate the Malagasy Mountains specifically. Again, VERY NICE FOSSIL.

Mike

• I found this Informative 1

Wonderful details on this guy. I love coelacanths

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Excellent fossils and incredible experience. The last long hike I took was probably over a decade ago and my husband and I hiked with a trail guide through or down to the Grand Canyon. That took forever.  I do hike around the Quachita Mts and Ozarks but a little at a time. Four hour hike!  

Excellent specimen. Congratulations. I imagine there's a whole big adventure story behind getting to this very remote location and finding it. Love to hear more.

• 2 weeks later...