Show us your fossil Christmas presents!

Notidanodon

23 hours ago, Nimravis said:

Leave it to my wife to spell my Fossil Forum name correctly, I think in the past I mentioned that I hit an "I" instead of the "U" for Nimravus, but since I did not know how to change it, I left it be. Here is a great lighted T-Rex Sign with the name Nimravus- I really love this.

Just spotted this that’s really cool. Your wife did you proud.     :santasmile:   

39 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

Just spotted this that’s really cool. Your wife did you proud.     :santasmile:   

Thanks Bobby, it is really nice.

1 hour ago, Bobby Rico said:

MrsR hit gold with them they are  right up my street. If I ever spot any more I will give you a heads up . Cheers Bobby 

That is a great gift Bobby, you are a lucky man.

• I found this Informative 1

Wow! All of these gifts are amazing! My son and I are visiting my parents in NC so we’ve only opened their gifts. We have to wait until Jan 1st to open our family gifts as that’s when we and my husband (who is working out of state) will be back home in Wyoming. Anyway, I got these two fossil related things from my parents. I can’t wait to get back home and use my microscope!!!

37C8FADD-14DE-4142-97E1-4C24E021B950.thumb.jpeg.1fac79a1a0fa8e1cf0ec25dd9d48944f.jpeg2331EACD-0D9C-4FD4-983C-48EC88290DDC.thumb.jpeg.0dc7be75e5739e9425722362c4739863.jpeg

• I found this Informative 8

4 hours ago, thelivingdead531 said:

Wow! All of these gifts are amazing! My son and I are visiting my parents in NC so we’ve only opened their gifts. We have to wait until Jan 1st to open our family gifts as that’s when we and my husband (who is working out of state) will be back home in Wyoming. Anyway, I got these two fossil related things from my parents. I can’t wait to get back home and use my microscope!!!

37C8FADD-14DE-4142-97E1-4C24E021B950.thumb.jpeg.1fac79a1a0fa8e1cf0ec25dd9d48944f.jpeg2331EACD-0D9C-4FD4-983C-48EC88290DDC.thumb.jpeg.0dc7be75e5739e9425722362c4739863.jpeg

You will like this little microscope, I had one and sent it to Adan @Tidgy's Dad after I picked up another stereoscope. It does a very nice job and is easy to use.

• I found this Informative 4

20 minutes ago, Nimravis said:

You will like this little microscope, I had one and sent it to Adan @Tidgy's Dad after I picked up another stereoscope. It does a very nice job and is easy to use.

I tried to do some research on different ones and looked through posts on the forum for ideas. I’m glad this one seems to be a good one. It’s the first I’ve ever had so I’m very excited to try it out.

One more gift but this ones from Bobby to Bobby and I did deserve this fantastic collection of teeth as I have been great this year. This was Lot D from this years grand Christmas auction to support TFF . I can’t recommend the end of year auction enough the quality of all the lots was outstanding . 

44D52EEF-5206-46F6-BDA3-1920C6A038BC.jpeg

• I found this Informative 10

@Bobby Rico

You must have been at the top of the nice list this year what with the mastodon and shark teeth, a nice book, and the old post cards that Mrs. R got you. :santasmile:

I love the old post cards by the way. Well done Mrs. R! :default_clap2:

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

14 hours ago, FossilNerd said:

@Bobby Rico

You must have been at the top of the nice list this year what with the mastodon and shark teeth, a nice book, and the old post cards that Mrs. R got you. :santasmile:

I love the old post cards by the way. Well done Mrs. R! :default_clap2:

Thanks my friend yes I have been great this year . The post cards are really cool very minimal and scientific in their look. I went on our favourite auction site to see if I could find another set maybe to send to Welsh-wizard but they was none the same as I have. I did find a different postcard from the same printers that shows some of the same collection and with Dippy in it too. While I was zooming in to the not so great quality photo on the listing, I spotted something interesting in the cabinets in the background. I spotted what I believe could well be my own model of a dinosaur that Mrs R got for me last birthday. I knew it had most likely come from the NHM London, and have been waiting more confirmation from them, (hold ups due to staff being off due to Covid etc) , so this may just be the evidence needed to support my theory that it started life here after all. 

3EB4D3B0-20DF-4955-9D1B-C992FA68409A.jpeg

FFC21A1E-0162-4002-9A24-FFE84D3D2D16.jpeg

C58820B8-1D5D-4B5E-9149-438DF584C29F.jpeg

sorry @will stevenson for hijacking your thread.

• I found this Informative 6

9 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

Thanks my friend yes I have been great this year . The post cards are really cool very minimal and scientific in their look. I went on our favourite auction site to see if I could find another set maybe to send to Welsh-wizard but they was none the same as I have. I did find a different postcard from the same printers that shows some of the same collection and with Dippy in it too. While I was zooming in to the not so great quality photo on the listing, I spotted something interesting in the cabinets in the background. I spotted what I believe could well be my own model of a dinosaur that Mrs R got for me last birthday. I knew it had most likely come from the NHM London, and have been waiting more confirmation from them, (hold ups due to staff being off due to Covid etc) , so this may just be the evidence needed to support my theory that it started life here after all. 

3EB4D3B0-20DF-4955-9D1B-C992FA68409A.jpeg

FFC21A1E-0162-4002-9A24-FFE84D3D2D16.jpeg

C58820B8-1D5D-4B5E-9149-438DF584C29F.jpeg

sorry @will stevenson for hijacking your thread.

no problems bobby, allways happy to see what you have to post:) great postcards and model by the way

18 hours ago, thelivingdead531 said:

I tried to do some research on different ones and looked through posts on the forum for ideas. I’m glad this one seems to be a good one. It’s the first I’ve ever had so I’m very excited to try it out.

I have one similar to that ,that I use for my insect collecting sometimes. Mine has a program. I installed it on my pc and opens when its plugged in and you pretty much go from there . Very easy to use .

Many/Most of my Christmas presents were fossil related.

My spouse insisted on trying to replace those parts of my fossil hunting attire that were torn by barb wire,  ripped by rocks, or just rotting thru due to excessive use. She felt that 4 miles from any human habitation, I was over exposing key parts of my skin, especially from the rear. Note those cute little socks to go inside my dive boots, so the small gravel bits can not get to my sensitive toes. 

One brother chose to send smoked fishes (salmon,trout, mackerel) from Clifden,  another brother sent 3 types of chocolate fudge handmade by Trappist monks in Kentucky, and friends who recognized my current fossil focus sent tiny marine mammal teeth from Sharktooth Hill and Bone valley.  All in all, a fantastic set of gifts.  Merry Christmas,  Jack

IMG_6633.thumb.JPEG.b76ae78a6192ec15dae612b018dabefb.JPEGIMG_6634.thumb.JPEG.d3b3fe953cfdf8120931191effab5967.JPEGIMG_6635.thumb.JPEG.9964306758fd29ba1e401f267034be8d.JPEGIMG_6638.thumb.JPEG.6b7f5ebda0159a85d745a15476f1642c.JPEG

• I found this Informative 10

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

6 hours ago, Bobby Rico said:

While I was zooming in to the not so great quality photo on the listing, I spotted something interesting in the cabinets in the background. I spotted what I believe could well be my own model of a dinosaur that Mrs R got for me last birthday.

Wow Bobby. That is awesome! I remember your revitalization of that model. It looks great, and to have possible evidence that it was indeed at the NHM London is icing in the cake! Hopefully the folks there will get back with you soon to confirm. :) 

• I found this Informative 2

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

My wife gave me this pristine 1.5" Cretoxyrhina mantelli tooth from the Niobrara in Kansas (I picked it out :)):

5febe58674f90_IMG_9238(2).thumb.jpeg.db006abd101cb335a6bd4e824c3dcad6.jpeg5febe587dfc0e_IMG_9239(2).thumb.jpeg.dd6a8fea7d12741d7bba521c3b7ed7b6.jpeg

On 28/12/2020 at 11:07 PM, FossilNerd said:

Wow Bobby. That is awesome! I remember your revitalization of that model. It looks great, and to have possible evidence that it was indeed at the NHM London is icing in the cake! Hopefully the folks there will get back with you soon to confirm. :) 

Thank you NHML a few months ago said it matched an image in their collection but only the archives can fill in the blanks . I have sent another email prompting them so fingers crossed I get a response soon.  Cheers Bobby 

On 12/27/2020 at 10:43 PM, Nimravis said:

Yup, It's excellent, thank you, and nowadays I don't know how I managed without it. 

Love all your trackways too, Ralph, amazing additions to your collection. :santasmile:

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

2 hours ago, will stevenson said:

another one, did a bit more prep on this:)

Show us your Secret Santa parcel, please Will. 

(on the Secret Santa thread, please) 

You're late doing it again. :shakehead:

Or did I miss it? 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Yesterday I received my last Christmas present: The painting of a Knightia incl. the fossil from @Pagurus

Now I can understand his artistry even more: The fish looks really 3D, and it is even moving, swimming. Incredible!

Thanks so much for this great gift and prize! It was the prize of the 39th Rolling Contest.

Knightia eocaena Jordan, 1907 / Eocene / Green River Formation, Wyoming, USA

Knightia_Pagurus_kompr.thumb.jpg.c14dc555eeba4e523eaa08af0a888b73.jpg

Franz Bernhard

14 minutes ago, FranzBernhard said:

Thanks so much for this great gift and prize! It was the prize of the 39th Rolling Contest.

Wow beautiful , just a lovely prize.