Post your best shark teeth finds of 2020

Bails

A lot of great teeth are being shown.  That giant Cretodus is an incredible find - once in a lifetime for some people.  Jesse's STH meg is special too.  I did some digging out there in the 90's and 2000's and found just pieces of that species.

I didn't find a tooth last year - collected just once in the late Miocene were mollusks and crabs are found.

8 hours ago, siteseer said:

There are sites for Late Cretaceous shark teeth where the Mancos Shale (Hotchkiss area?) and Juana Lopez Member of the Carlile Shale (somewhere around Pueblo) are exposed - probably a couple of other formations too.  I've seen the teeth.

Ya, Ive heard shark teeth have been found here but its not the same as walking on the beach and finding a few shark teeth like on the east coast.

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

• 9 months later...
On 1/27/2021 at 1:47 PM, Top Trilo said:

Great colors too! Colorado is about as far away as you get from an ocean in the US (At least in the holocene) so I need to see all these amazing shark teeth. Wonderful sizes, colors, shapes, and species from all of these

I know I'm lightyears late to this, but SE Colorado certainly has good Cretaceous shark tooth localities, spilling over from Kansas :dinothumb:

“Not only is the universe stranger than we think, it is stranger than we can think” -Werner Heisenberg 

11 hours ago, Jared C said:

I know I'm lightyears late to this, but SE Colorado certainly has good Cretaceous shark tooth localities, spilling over from Kansas :dinothumb:

Ya, eastern Colorado has some Cretaceous exposures that contain shark teeth from the western interior seaway. There's even places in the mountains with Pennsylvanian petalodus teeth. Just haven't looked yet.  :meg:

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)