What is this?

Kandee k.

Looks like different species of bivalves. Do you have more specific locality information? There are multiple canyons in the San Diego area and it will help to determine the age of these. The general bedrock of the area is Cretaceous and Eocene. Here is a geological map of the San Diego quadrangle for reference. https://ngmdb.usgs.gov/Prodesc/proddesc_84173.htm

• I found this Informative 2

Based on that location it is Middle Eocene. I thought the third bivalve looked like Venericardia and it is abundant during the Eocene so this fits. A search for Eocene mollusks of San Diego county yielded this document http://olivirv.myspecies.info/sites/olivirv.myspecies.info/files/Fossil mollusks of San Diego County - Moore%2C Ellen James.pdf

I suspect #3 is Venericardia horni, #2 a steinkern of Macrocallista horni, and I'm not sure on #1. Some more images might help.

• I found this Informative 4

Just as an FYI - including something for scale in the picture is recommended.  ;) 
Ruler, tape measure, yardstick, meter stick, ... something to let us know the size. 

I think Mr. Dodson did a very good job here,  despite the fact that the fossils look to be internal molds, (which can be difficult to identify due to lack of details). 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me