Sabertooth cat

sneakyelf

This looks to have some small spots of fill, but do any of you see something more?

Also hard to tell if the horn was put into the left eye socket to make it look like a fascinating death fossil versus really found like that.  

thanks

cat1.jpg

cat4.jpg

cat3.jpg

cat2.jpg

I don't think this is real.

Any of it.

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Parts of the teeth might be real.. maybe. But the whole thing seems more like an art project gone bad. Painted plaster on a glob of topsoil mud? :Confused05:

• I found this Informative 1

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

This looks like a real machairodus skull from the Gansu to me.  Some teeths might have been added (the 2 upper front teeth for exemple) and some parts might have been restaured/reconstructed but in my opinion it s real. I am not an expert though.

• I found this Informative 2

This is real. The bone structure, texture and matrix is what I expect of a Gansu mammal fossil

There is definitely some work on this though. Like spot fill as you mentioned but in general, it's acceptable to me. I'd go for it if it suited your budget

• I found this Informative 4

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

I really don't see what Darktooth and daves64. This just looks like a real fossil skull. No obvious red flags.

Perhaps some minor filling. But this just looks fine otherwise.

• I found this Informative 3

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

I agree that this skull is real, quite typical and common one from Gansu Province.  I would say this specimen is quite nice.

• I found this Informative 1

Absolutely real and super nice. All the typical problem spots like zygos and sagittal crest are original. Be advised that the seller of this skull states that it is located in the USA. It actually will ship from South Korea which will take forever right now and be subject to US customs. 

• I found this Informative 3

4 hours ago, steelhead9 said:

Absolutely real and super nice. All the typical problem spots like zygos and sagittal crest are original. Be advised that the seller of this skull states that it is located in the USA. It actually will ship from South Korea which will take forever right now and be subject to US customs. 

Just by curiosity do you know the length of this skull?