Collection Photography

paleoflor

L.S.,

Though I think I generally keep a reasonable administration (insofar as numbering and cataloguing my specimens), the identification and photography seem to always lag behind... One of my goals for 2021 is to catch up a bit, so I've been reorganising old photographs and taking new ones. Many old identifications have been reconsidered too, often actually yielding less specific results... At this stage, I thought it would be nice to share some of the updated photography work. Sharing the photographs helps me keep motivated and may even prove useful for identification. I plan to create Member Gallery albums per locality. The first two are now ready online, more photographs (and albums) will hopefully trickle in over time...

Steinbruch Piesberg (Osnabrück, Germany): fossils from a late Carboniferous (Westphalian D) paralic succession

Carrière Les Tuilières (Lodève, France): fossils from an early Permian (Cisuralian) lacustrine deposit

Please shoot me a message if you recognise any of the unidentified (or misidentified) fossils!

Kind regards,

Tim

• I found this Informative 10

Searching for green in the dark grey.

I appreciate your efforts to get your collection posted online.  :dinothumb: :fern: :dinothumb:  Properly identified and well photographed specimens are a great resource for those of us trying to ID our specimens.

Don

• I found this Informative 2

Coalmine Quarry (Nymboida, Australia): plant fossils from Middle Triassic (Anisian) rocks of the Basin Creek Fm.

Reevaluating and photographing these specimens was particularly fun, as I encountered all kinds of interesting plant fragments on the backsides of the larger pieces. Best example is the Stachyopitys sp. shown below. This is a pollen organ of a Sphenobaiera foliage-bearing plant and according to Holmes and Anderson (2007) rather rare at Nymboida.

large.TKTW0097-002.jpg.5c09cb8645b03c5f214c453efc02eb30.jpg

Stachyopitys sp. fertile organ from the Anisian of Coalmine Quarry, Nymboida, NSW, Australia

• I found this Informative 3

I could spend hours looking at and admiring these. Unfortunately I don't have that kind of time right now, but in the future maybe. Beautiful specimens! An amazing collection, wonderfully photographed. Thanks for pasting it. 

• Thank You 1

• 9 months later...

Steenstort Laura (Eygelshoven, The Netherlands): plant fossils from the Westphalian (Late Carboniferous) of the Limburg Group. Unfortunately, I only have a modest sample of fossils from this now-depleted Dutch locality.

• I found this Informative 1

Great photography and cataloging!

• Thank You 1

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!