Some New Finds in December

musicnfossils

Was lucky enough to go for a couple hikes just before 2020 ended and I figured I’d show off a few bones I found along the way. This area is now much more covered in snow than it was the day the photo was taken...that was probably the final fossil hunting day until spring at least. 

Got a hadrosaur claw as well as some more bones from the hand, another partial tyrannosaurid toe bone (that brings me to 4 now) and a couple more ornithomimid toe bones as well. Didn’t get skunked at least! 

7960E8EE-3381-43E4-92C6-3539BCB8CCA2.jpeg

2899DCC4-AB87-406B-9B67-7A91D9E691FF.jpeg

• I found this Informative 12

Great finds, especially considering that weird white stuff all over the place. :) 

• I found this Informative 2

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

That’s a great fossil site to have access to! Impressive finds!

• I found this Informative 1

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt

-Mark Twain

Hello,

Wow, nice finds! I’m curious, is this a public area? Or is this private property? 

greetings Walter

“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”

On 2021-01-05 at 1:47 PM, badeend said:

Hello,

Wow, nice finds! I’m curious, is this a public area? Or is this private property? 

greetings Walter

Hey Walter, this land is privately owned by a local company and I went through the process of obtaining a permission letter to access it for the purposes of fossil collecting. Generally it is used for hunting or cattle grazing.