Image Size

John Papastathis

Hi folks,

I am a new member here and I want to thank everyone for all the help, info etc. It's a great forum you have here. Lot's of cool, smart folk. However, I seemed to touch off a bit of a firestorm when I posted pics from my new camera in the gallery section. I think everyone shoud be able to view what is posted so might I make the suggestion that when people post large files, if they have the software, to upload both hi/res and low/res versions of the files so all can view them. Also, I read the threads and if people have tried adjusting screen resolution etc., and nothing works they might consider upgrading thier video cards. It's a hellovalot cheaper than buying a whole new system. Anyhoo, thanks again and I look forward to continued participation in this great forum.

John

Haha don't worry about that John, theres really nothing that can be done just about every new member posts over sized or out of focus, non cropped images. Maybe in the future the forum software will be able to automatically adjust for image size, but for now it is set up for the majority of the members. Some members have a difficult time with over sized pictures and others have a hard time seeing enough detail in smaller pictures, I really like your Idea about posting both but I somehow doubt many users will bother to do that, So for now I will continue to ask that photos be posted in focus well cropped and about 1000 pixels in width this should ensure that everyone can view the pics with enough detail to enjoy them and make identifications of them.