Keichousaurus hui

Constantine

I'm not an expert since I usually collect my own fossils but I think it looks fine,  no major red flags. The x are calcite veins which are quite common on these fossils. They just happen to cross in an x in this case.

• I found this Informative 3

I agree with Thomas. It's likely a calcite vein. There are no red flags on this fossil

• I found this Informative 1

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Agree with @Thomas.Dodson and @Andy, real specimen and crossing veinlets. Three pieces have been put back together and a remaining gap filled with something. But this is obvious.

Prep itself is so-la-la. There are much better ones out there - and even much worse ones.

Franz Bernhard

• I found this Informative 2

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think there's too much for me to add here, but as has been said: not a fake. This is a real specimen with calcite veins running through the matrix, something not uncommonly seen with Keichousaurus fossils. As has also been remarked, not the best quality you may be able to find, but certainly in the right direction. Some repairs and a gap-fill have been made around the animal's head.

• I found this Informative 2

'There's nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fibre and, in some cases, backbone' -- Terry Pratchett