Chris Anderson

I call this one a Lucky tooth. I was bending down to fix my pants leg, I spotted it out of of the corner of my eye. I believe it is a fossiled deer tooth. The gum is all there and half of the tooth is sticking out of the gum. This was found on North Myrtle Beach today. I would really like help comfirming this is a deers tooth. I appreciate all of y'alls advice. 

16102216223813454911010530113236.jpg

16102217218308064548694539893491.jpg

Technically speaking, it's not the gum, it's the jawbone. We will need pics looking down at the chewing surface. Thanks! :)

"Its webs of living gauze no more unfurl;

Wrecked is the ship of pearl!

And every chambered cell,

Where its dim dreaming life was wont to dwell" :ammonite01:

-From The Chambered Nautilus by Oliver Wendell Holmes

This is clearest I can get it. And I don't know why I said gum for. In my mind I was thinking jawbone.

16102224456085816938613011715870.jpg

deer or pig?  I can't quite see the chewing surface on the last photo

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.'

George Santayana

I have got to get a better phone with a better camera. Half of the tooth is broken off

If you used a bright flashlight and zoomed in would you be able to see it better?

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)